This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, April 4, 2022

Cause It's There? ( #AtoZChallenge )

 


    When I think about the albums in my collection that I have sold already that begin with C I am reminded of the David Crosby album and all the other albums he made with those other guys. Then there was Cream, Colosseum, and Harry Chapin.  But look what I did keep from the letter C.  This post is gonna be epic...



#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter      Music album collecting became an obsession with me in my adolescence and continued on until recent years.  If I had the money to spend and the space to put them in I'd probably still be buying albums.  What was my quest?  It was almost always about the music and the accumulation.  I love access to a good library of whatever it is that interests me.  Is it just having it because it's there for me to have?  No, it's a quest--for the perfect song, the most exquisite sound, or the most interesting album.  If it's there and I like it then some part of me wants it in my possession.  Even though I've stopped buying albums doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have more.  They beckon me. They haunt my memories.  And the ones that fit under the letter C fill up this blog post...

Links to the music are included throughout the post if you want to hear the music.



Bonus selection!   I bought this 8 track cartridge sometime around 1968.  Note that the tape is compatible with 4 track players.  I tried playing this a few years ago when I still had a working player and it still worked though the sound quality was not very good. I've since gotten rid of that player  This is one of 4 8 tracks that I still keep for the novelty.

        In the sixties The Candymen were mostly a regional success before they merged with members of The Classis IV and transformed into the group Atlanta Rhythm Section and hit national charts. Early on they often performed as Roy Orbison's back-up band.  They put out a couple of albums on their own as The Candymen.  One of the founding members of the group was Bobby Goldsboro who went on to a huge solo career.  



Caravan "Caravan"  (1968)   I found this album at some store in the Knoxville area probably in the early seventies.  Of course it was in the cut-out bin and it was very cheap.  It had likely been a return because the vinyl is slightly warped, but still playable. Believe me it got a lot of spins over the years.  Fortunately I've added a CD copy of the album to my CD collection so I can still play that one.  This is a very fine group from the tail end of the British invasion of the sixties.  Interesting organ driven sound with intelligent lyrics.  Link will take you to my favorite song from the album.  Couldn't find a link for the entire album.


Caravan "Cunning Stunts"  (1975) with another bonus entry of an 8 track cartridge.  I found this at a store that had been an old Big K before it transitioned into a Walmart before becoming Big Lots.  It was sometime around 1988 when I think it was Walmart when I found this tape, but I think it was from the old Big K stock.  In the past I had bought a number of 8 tracks at Big K.  I think it was old stock because they were closing out the 8 tracks at 10 for $1.00.  They didn't have a huge selection but I probably bought about 20 cartridges that I played maybe a few times each before putting them in storage until most were given away when I sold my console stereo that I'd been keeping in my garage for over 20 years. 

       This is another great album by Caravan.  They've been consistently good over the years with a pleasant wit.  I didn't ever realize that the album title is a naughty spoonerism until I was compiling this post.  I'm so innocent at times.  Or do I mean ignorant? 


Crazy Horse  "Crazy Horse" (1971) and "Loose" (1972)  This was Neil Young's back up band for many of his albums and tours.  Since I was a big Young fan back then it seemed natural for me to be interested in this band.  I do like their back up work for Young, but I also like them on their own. I saw them in concert with Rita Coolidge as the opening act at the Alumni Gym at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville in about 1972.  Good concert as I recall.


       Bruce Cockburn  "Circles in the Stream"  (1977) and many more.    I discovered the music of Bruce Cockburn in 1985 when I was in Canada watching the Juno Awards show.  The next day I set out on a search of some of the artists who had gotten recognition during the show.  At that time I purchased my first Cockburn tape Stealing Fire.  It took many listens for the artist to click with me and by then I was back in the states where Canadian artists were not as easy to find..  As I would find more Cockburn albums on cassette (since I was traveling it was the medium that made the most sense for me) I kept buying them until the accumulation of Cockburn's albums became an obsession.  After I got off the road I bought new copies on vinyl and CD to replace those cassettes and add new albums to my collection. 

     Bruce Cockburn now occupies more spaces in my collection than just about any other artist.  I've seen him twice in concert--once in Portland OR in 1985 and later in Ventura CA in 1992.  I'm no longer as obsessed, but I still have a great fondness especially for his music prior to 1990.  The live album to which I linked is marvelous--one of my all time favorite live albums.

       


      Creedence Clearwater Revival  (1968)  I first heard CCR's version of "Suzy-Q" one Sunday evening early in the fall of my senior year of high school in 1968.  I'd never heard anything quite like it--the extended psychedelia was revelatory to me.  I put it on my 1968 Christmas list for my mother and she bought it for me.  My mother was such a cool person.  She willingly accommodated my musical obsessions by typically buying me about 10 new albums every Christmas until I was in my college years. 

      As the next few years went on, Creedence became hugely popular and my friends and I all had their albums and would listen to them often.  After getting off the road I added several CCR albums to my CD collection including the boxed retrospective that you see pictured above with my first album.  I don't listen to their music that much anymore, but when I do it still takes me back to those days of longer hair--or just having hair for that matter.  And "Suzy-Q" still casts a spell on me every time I hear it.  That version of that song is one of the great recordings of Rock and Roll history.





Crowfoot  (1970) is one of the albums I found at the strange maze of a discount store called Atlantic Mills in Knoxville TN.  They had a bunch of copies of the album for 25 cents each so it was an album find that I couldn't pass up.  Firstly there was that great Indian head album cover that drew me in.  The song titles sounded interesting so why not?   It was well worth the quarter I spent on it.  I've gotten a lot of listening pleasure for that pittance of an expenditure.  After I started blogging and doing more internet research I discovered that the guitar player of Crowfoot was the one who was also responsible for the iconic guitar riffs of Norman Greenbaum's hit "Spirit in the Sky".   Excellent album by a solid group that faded into the dustbins of the cut-outs.  This is a favorite album of mine that I just couldn't let go of.  


Colours    "Helping You Out"  (1968)  Another album I found somewhere in some cutout bin.  It's described as "Beatlesque" for good reason.  Not a particularly impactful album, but it's a pleasant listen that I often put on my turntable back in the seventies.  I felt it was somehow worth keeping.  There are some notable musicians on this one.



Chunky, Novi, and Ernie (First Album) (1973)  When I saw this album in a used record store I immediately noted the viola player.  Perusing the credits I recognized the female members of this group.  Ilene Novog (Novi) and Lauren Wood (Chunky) had been in an obscure sixties group called Rebecca and the Sunnybrook Farmers (you'll see them later in my R post) that I liked quite much.  Ernie Eremata also played bass in that same group.  You are undoubtedly familiar with Novi's work with the Doobie Brothers.  She played the viola on their hit "Black Water"--a fact that I had already discovered before buying this C,N,&E album in the early eighties and which made me want this new find.  It really is quite a good album.



Papa John Creach  "I'm the Fiddle Man"  (1975)  At one time I had and greatly enjoyed Papa John's self-titled debut album, but then I lent it to a friend and when it came back the album was unplayable.  Later I got the album I presently have--good, but not as good as that debut.  Papa John Creach first came to my attention as a member of Jefferson Airplane and their various offshoot bands.  In his 50s he was already an established blues and jazz violinist when he joined the popular rock band.  I had the privilege of seeing him in concert at the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville TN.  If you click on his name you will find a compilation of various songs from all of his albums.  I couldn't find a video of the complete "Fiddle Man" album, but the video I chose provides a great overview of his music.


Vassar Clements Band---  I was already familiar with Clements from his work with Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and various rockers.   But he had long been a legendary fiddle player.  Known as "The Father of Hillbilly Jazz, he had begun his career with a seven year stint in Bill Monroe's band. He then went on to be an acclaimed session musician.  You've heard him on the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies with Flatt and Scruggs.   In the seventies he began appearing with all sorts of country and rock acts as well as recording his own solo albums.   "Jessica"  comes from the 1977 album with his band but the earlier link will give you a retrospective overview of his music.   I saw Vassar Clements in an intimate concert experience at the Capitol Theater in Maryville TN in about 1980 or so where he played along with other great musicians.  He played on the violin that is pictured on the album--a violin that is said to have been made in the 1500s.




A Chorus Line (original Broadway cast) (1975) came out during the time when I was touring with theatrical productions so the subject matter of the show was of interest to me.   In late summer of 1981 my wife Susan and I went to see the touring production of the show in Edmonton Alberta Canada.  That's when we got the soundtrack and played it often. We caught up again with the show in September where it was playing at the Texas State Fair in Dallas.  This is an album that carries a lot of memories for me and music that I enjoy.


The Crusaders  "Pass the Plate"  (1971)  I heard the title cut of this album played on WUOT University of Tennessee NPR station probably in '71 or '72. It blew me away then and the album is still a great funky listening experience.  This album is a worthy keeper.


Captain Beyond   "Sufficiently Breathless"  (1973) was an album that got a lot of play in 1975 when I bought it. At the time some friends and I were sharing a sizeable old log cabin in Laurel Valley in the Smoky Mountains.  My friend Wendell had an audiophile's dream of a stereo that had a radio that picked up a station from Johnson City TN that played a tasteful selection of music.  One song that they played in rotation for a couple days was "Sufficiently Breathless"--a very nice groove of a song.  Soon after I bought the album and added it to my collection of music.  Everyone seemed to enjoy this album whenever I put in on the turntable.  We had a party house for a while and good music was essential.


Crowded House   "Temple of Low Men"  (1988) was an experimental purchase. I was very familiar with the band since they won me over with "Don't Dream It's Over".   After Crowded House caught my attention to realize their history, I bought all of the Tim Finn, Neil Finn, and Split Endz cassettes I could find.   I bought this vinyl in about 1990 to test out a music supplier that I had been working with.  I ordered something I knew I would like so I'd be happy to have the product.


Country Joe & the Fish  "Together"   This album dates back to 1969 when my mother joined the Columbia Record Club and got 12 albums for a penny.  She let me pick 6 I think, but she often let me order records to fulfill the obligation one made to join.  Country Joe and the Fish were a band from the psychedelic San Francisco Woodstock era.  I like this album though it always seemed like a bit more of a novelty album.  There's some pretty nifty trippy guitar and organ playing.



Judy Collins  "Wildflowers" (1967) & "Who Knows Where The Time Goes" (1968)  Speaking of Columbia Record Club, this duo of albums was part of a package deal from the club.  It probably got sent automatically when my mother didn't return the order card.  She didn't care for the albums and gave them to me.  They're are both superb albums if you're looking for relaxing beautiful music.  Hauntingly beautiful.  I'm glad I kept these.



Compton & Batteau  "In California" (1970)   This was an outstanding duo that had a short-lived career together before going separate ways.  I know I found this in a cut-out bin somewhere not remembered.  Robin Batteau plays violin so that caught my attention I'm sure.  No matter what were the physical attractions about the album cover (like the guy who kind of resembled me with a violin case), hearing the album was proof that the purchase was a wise one.  I've listened to this album many times and never tired of it.  To me, it's almost perfect. I wouldn't want to get rid of this one.



Clear Light   (1967)  I first heard of this group in Lillian Roxon's Rock Encyclopedia which was published in 1969.  I got that book when it was released and it became my go-to for all things popular music up to that time.  When I saw the Clear Light album in cut-outs I remembered reading Roxon's entry describing the line-up that included two drummers.  I grabbed the album when I saw it and listened to it often.  Another keeper.




The Chipmunks   'Sing the Beatles"  (1964)  I'm pretty sure that this is the first album I ever bought.  I would have been 13 at the time.  I had a growing curiosity about The Beatles though I still considered them "my sister's group".  Then I heard a cut from the new Chipmunks album and it totally grabbed me. The circumstances of hearing it were strange enough.  I was after midnight in Rochester NY after a massive snowfall.  My father had been driving the entire night and had gotten silly tired.  We were all laughing, but ready to find our hotel and collapse.  Sometime during our wanderings about the unfamiliar city the sound of "All My Loving" came over the radio. I loved it!  Then I bought it!  Now I've kept it!


         Thank you for hanging on for that long post.  There won't be any others quite like this.  This one was special.

        See any albums that you remember?   Any that particularly attracted your attention?  What was the first album you purchased?






56 comments:

  1. Honestly, I can't remember the first album that I'd purchased, but I do remember my mother buying me a copy of The Brady Bunch Sing(?) and telling me not to tell my dad about it.

    I think the weirdest album that I'd acquired was one called "A Merry Geoffrey Christmas". I'll let everyone guess who it was that sponsored it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GB, now considering nearly 60 years that have passed, it's hard for me to say for sure which was the first album I actually purchased with my own money. But I do remember what the firsts were if not exactly THE FIRST.

      I remember Geoffrey the giraffe from Toys R Us so I'm guessing it must have been a promotional album for them. Can't even guess what might have been on it. Those types of albums are probably collectible now.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I knew about half of those.
    Are there 8-track players out there that still work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, the 8 track I had was working--barely. I would imagine you might still find new 8 track players, but maybe they'd be expensive. There have to be some older ones somewhere that people have maintained so they still work. To me it's a novelty that isn't really functional to use.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. This time, there more artiest I have heard of. But still also some I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, far more selections to chose from here and some a bit more known in this post.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. The Chipmunks sing the Beatles - now that is not a title I ever expected to read 😆. The first album I ever purchased was Bananarama - my godmother had given me a record token.
    I have never been in the presence of an 8-track player, so I have no idea what the sounds quality on one is like. Only had the standard cassette player (and our first one was a bit knackered - wasn't until I heard it on the actual movie that I realised it was playing our copy of Queen - Flash Gordon too fast 😆). I have heard of some of these artists - quite the list!
    Best wishes,
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings: YouTube - What They Don't Tell You (and free fiction)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasha, Dave Seville nicely nailed those Beatles harmonies in that Chipmunk album. It's widely admired as a classic album of that era.
      I remember the 8 tracks sounding great, but we didn't have much to compare them with back then. They were often annoying because they would split up some of the songs which wasn't very nice when you were getting into the music and then it had to change tracks.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the visit Mr B. Glad to see Caravan on the list. I will no doubt be back for a visit as we all stagger towards Z in our own unique ways . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, nice to know of someone else who appreciates Caravan. They are one of the best of the prog rock groups.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. Gosh Lee you certainly have had plenty of music during your life, The only ones I heard of was "Creedance Clear Water" and the "Chipmunks". Great "C" post, most impressive.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, music was mostly my life back in the seventies and eighties. But you know I love music just like you do.

      Lee

      Delete
    2. Yes Lee, Music was in my life from a child, not a bad thing to be interested in.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. You seem to have an amazing taste in music. My first album was Boyzone and Backstreet Boys. Yeah I was into boybands :P. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IM, if anything I have very eclectic musical tastes, but that's the way I was brought up. When the boys bands were all the rage in the nineties I was in my forties, but my daughters were listening to them.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Martha, I think that I have a lot of good music in my collection. Also some that is very strange--or unique.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. Whoa, from the artists you're talking about, I know less than a handful.

    On a positive note I am here to tell you that I googled your coffee. Jose's 100% Colombia Supremo sound like a decent variety. I'll be talking about Colombia as a coffee growing region later in the alphabet. Hint: F is for Fairtrade.

    PS: Your link for Caravan doesn't work: "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Dave Sinclair"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, I tended to buy obscure music over the years as well as more popular artists.

      We like the coffee and it's inexpensive which we like even more.

      Thanks for letting me know about the link. That can be a problem sometimes. I kind of fixed it with a link to a song from the album.

      Lee

      Delete
  10. Oh my talk about another time period. I have 5 albums left from my collection. Had (note the past tense) a number of those in your collection including quite a bundle of 8 track. Also had all of Chicago, Carpenters...
    Thanks again for another year of A to Z. since I dont blog regularly I really enjoy seeing people around the blogsphere. Cheers my friend.
    Clearly Crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moondust, yes, that was another time, another state of mind. Five albums is not many, but it's the start to a new collection if you so desired.
      Good to see you back in the A to Z.

      Lee

      Delete
  11. I don't have any (palm face) but I am definitely saving this list for some amazing music. Thank you!
    See you around the A-Z challenge!
    https://momandideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom&, There is some interesting music to explore in my links. Maybe not for everybody, but I sure like this selection of music.

      Lee

      Delete
  12. Wow! What an amazing collection! Creedance Clearwater Revival was the first thing that popped into my mind when I started reading your post, so I was happy to see them listed!

    (I'm not participating in the A to Z Challenge this year, but I hope to follow other blogger's journey throughout the month.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudy, CCR was kind of my introduction to a new direction of music that lured me along.
      We all appreciate your support of our A to Z efforts.

      Lee

      Delete
  13. Talk about eclectic! Not sure I would appreciate the chipmunks doing the Beatles but to be fair, I haven't heard it. We may go see John Fogarty at the Mountain Winery later this summer.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, Chipmunks doing the Beatles is really not that bad. They nailed the song arrangements quite nicely.
      You'll have to report on that concert if you go.

      Lee

      Delete
  14. Lots here! I am a big CCR and Crazy Horse fan. "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" though is my favorite Crazy Horse album.

    I really liked "Crowded House" back in the day. I was pretty upset when drummer Paul Hester killed himself in 2005.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | The A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timothy, most of Neil Young's best stuff has been with Crazy Horse in my opinion. Teaming up with them was a great move for Young. The Brothers Finn of Crowded House wrote some really great songs.

      Lee

      Delete
  15. I am from a generation behind you and many of these groups are foreign to me but my dad had an 8 track in the first car I remember him having and I was bummed when he got rid of it and we could no longer listen to those 8 tracks. The one group I did recognize that I listened to a fair amount after I bought a CD to play at a dinner I made for my parents 25th wedding anniversary and fell in love with them was CCR.

    www.thisnanorebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin, CCR was a great group, but I think their first album is one of the best of rock. 8 Tracks saw me through some wonderful times, but it was an odd format. I'm sure a lot of folks ended up with collections of 8 tracks they could no longer play anymore. I had a lot, but I don't know what happened to most of them.

      Lee

      Delete
  16. I really did not know that the Chipmunks had done a Beatles album. Thanks so much for sharing all of your favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy, I can't say I was a big fan of Chipmunks music, but their Beatles album entered an interesting realm. It's actually quite good.

      Lee

      Delete
  17. None of those albums are in my collection, but I'd probably enjoy most of them. Mystery Train Records in Amherst, Massachusetts sells eight-tracks, though I never bought any, since I hadn't a machine to play them on, and couldn't see myself purchasing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie-Anne, I think you are one who would greatly appreciate my music. An eight track player now seems like mostly a novelty. The one I got rid of was part of a big console stereo that a friend gave me years ago. I very rarely used any of it, but used it as a piece of furniture for several years until it ended up in my garage.

      Lee

      Delete
  18. Hey Arlee.
    If you and I ever meet in a music shop, I'd have to ask you to be my guide:)
    The Candymen is a familiar sound but I can't say I recollect any 'favourites'. I grew up listening to Indian music and popular International bands like Boney M. and the Beatles.
    Thank you for the immersive musical experience here--with all the links.
    Whenever I need a break from my screen, I can click on one and just listen.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arti, too bad so many music shops have fallen by the wayside. Now we can explore multitudes of music online and that can be pretty cool. The Candymen were more of a regional group in the Southeast U.S. I doubt whether they are much known beyond that and now they are mostly a touchstone of the sixties.
      I've been listening to these album links since I've started compiling the posts. Great to have music that I know I like easily accessible without a search.

      Lee

      Delete
  19. Arlee, you are right --it is an epic post. The 8-tracks brought back memories of Bob Segar's Night Moves. I can remember clicking it to the to go through channels to get to the right one! Ha ha. And the Beatle's chipmunks....OMG I remember that album and playing it at a friends house. The Candyman can....♫♪ mixes it with love and makes the world taste good♫♪♫! Have a great day!
    Cheers,
    Crackerberries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crackerberries, I used to listen to a lot of Bob Segar on 8 track. In fact I don't think I have any of this music in my collection--surprising since I used to like his music a lot.

      Lee

      Delete
  20. This was a crateful of Cs! Just when I thought I knew all there was about Creedence, you have a song I'd swear they didn't do. Love those Candymen, though I think I recall more of the Classics IV. Sorry, my friend, I can't stand Neil Young. I enjoyed the vocals - and lyrics of Crowfoot. Glad you kept them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, you mean "Suzy-Q"? In my opinion that was their best song of all. So psychedelic! Crowfoot was a sadly neglected group. It's an album I'm so glad I found--especially for a quarter!

      Lee

      Delete
  21. It was a crateful of Cs, but you still missed Captain Beefheart, I loves that band, even though the name didn't really suit the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, I got my first Captain Beefheart in the nineties on CD. I knew who the group was but never got any of their albums on vinyl.

      Lee

      Delete
  22. Speaking of our music collections bringing back memories, I discovered a Jim Croce (Photographs and Memories) CD I haven't listened to in years. That must change. I also have Chant (The Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos -- Gregorian Chants). I guess that one belongs under the letter C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, Jim Croce did some great songs. A sister-in-law gave me a greatest hits cassette back in the eighties. Not sure if I still have it.
      There could be a few ways to list those monks, but "Chants" works.

      Lee

      Delete
  23. I HAVE THE CHORUS LINE ALBUM IN MY BOX IN MY CLOSET! I've seen the touring company performance twice. I even liked the movie version, even though they were really apples and oranges.

    Pretty sure there's an Alvin & The Chipmunks album in my tucked away box of LPS as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dyanne, sounds like you and I are on a similar wavelength. Chorus Line onstage was a great production and the album brings back the memory. I liked live better than filmed.

      Lee

      Delete
  24. Amazingly, this is the second time in 2 weeks that Clear Light- a band I did not know- has come up in conversation around this house...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, I did a Clear Light BOTB a few posts back. I did that on purpose because I knew I'd be featuring them in a Vinyl Collection post. They are group that I like quite a bit.

      Lee

      Delete
  25. Wow! Memory lane! I still remember the 4 track cartridges! My parents had lots of them next to the vinyl collection.
    And Credence! it´s still one of my mom´s favorite bands. Mom says that my grandfather hated her music, but she played it anyway at home. And as a kid I had a Chipmunks disk, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absenta, I don't recall the 4 tracks as much as I do the 8 tracks. I used 8 track for several years, though I always preferred the vinyl.

      Lee

      Delete
    2. I remember more the 4 tracks because they were easier for my brother and me to use, we were 6 and 4 at that time and we were allowed to use the 4 tracks by ourselves, although we would need our parents to play the vinyl for us.

      Delete
  26. This was a long post but I liked seeing all the albums. You like those Chipmunks?? Hahahaa. Well, I like yodeling..not country but European. I was a member of same Clearing House and got records but later changed to video cassettes. I remember buying the first ABBA record and played it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, long post because I've got a lot of C albums. This particular Chipmunks album is quite good--not the silly kids stuff they so often did, but a pretty faithful re-creation of Beatles harmonies. The record "clubs" were a great way to amass a collection of music, movies, or whatever. Now I wish I had some of that money back, but I did enjoy many wonderful hours of musical entertainment through my purchases.

      Lee

      Delete
  27. Love Crowded House! They played "live" on Instagram a few days ago -- and included a CCR cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deniz, Crowded House has a great sound with some wonderful and often haunting songs. One of the best groups of rock.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee