This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Groggily Waking From A Dream

         In keeping with yesterday's post about dreaming, I will metaphorically view my return from my Christmas vacation as having woken from a dream.  I had a great Christmas vacation as far as visiting with family and friends and safely traveling from L.A. to New Jersey then to East Tennessee and back to L.A.  It was very relaxing, but at the same time tiring as travel usually can be.  But the problem is that I didn't write during my vacation and now I feel a bit groggy and lazy.

          A break now and then is a good thing.  I rarely get to see my family members and the Christmas holidays provide the opportunity to spend that treasured  time with them.  But when I'm immersed in doing something, like writing, it's hard to regain my momentum when I slow down.  I think I have slept more this past week than I have in a long time.  My wife still being on vacation didn't help in that department either.  We were both tired and I went to bed earlier, woke up later, and took longer naps than usual.  The more I slept, the more tired I felt.  Then there was the traumatic sigmoidoscopy that I had to deal with on Thursday.  I won't go into that, but if you're familiar with that procedure you know how draining that can be.  Now it's time to really buckle down and get back into the groove.

         This week I will try to really get back into my intensive writing schedule.  On Sunday I will go back to the expanded Bible study, which this week will deal with worshipping God.  On Monday, as promised in the comments of last Monday's post, I will be specifically addressing the challenged posed by my friend Stephen T. McCarthy dealing with the reasons to actively grow one's blog and seek new followers.  Then on Tuesday I plan to reflect upon some thoughts that occurred to me during my vacation.

          My posts about my mother have received quite a postive reaction.  In my first post, My Mom's a Dancer I reminisced about my mother's career in show business as a dancer and a juggler.  Some readers requested some photos and I complied in my post of last Wednesday.  This coming Wednesday I am going to continue with the photo saga of My Mom's A Dancer as I look at her career as a juggler and a mother.

        Thursday will see another debate topic and Friday I will present another mysterious topic.  Hope you will check back for every day to come and jump in with your comments.  I love hearing your comments!

         I'm here in sunny Southern California where temperatures have been in the 70s.  I've been hearing about the snow and cold in various parts of the country.  How are things where you are?  When you lay off from posting on your blog, is it difficult for you to get back into the habit?  Does rest make you more tired and lazy?  What do you do to put the zest and enthusiasm into what you're doing when your energy starts to sag?

         

       

8 comments:

  1. I am trying not to hate you...70 degrees? Are you kidding me?

    Well I have to go lick my wounds now and will hopefully come back...when your temperature there gets cooler and I can feel better about you and myself!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post and the post about your moms dance was fascinating. Our weather here in Michigan is so cold, first we have freezing rain and then snow, our temps are single didgits. Have a nice weekend. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine 70s in January! We have an absolutely beautiful sunny winter day here - started at 21 below 0 (Celsius) - has moved up to about -14 now. Lots of fun on the skating rinks today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your visit to my blog and leaving your beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am green with envy, 70 degrees.
    Ye Gods, here in the UK it's the worst weather in over 20 years and bitterly cold. in one place it went down to minus 22.17 degrees

    I enjoy your post very much and yes one does get a wee bit lazy after a holiday, it was lovely for you to see your family and hope you enjoyed the visit.
    Enjoy the sun.

    Yvonne/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's 29 degrees here! I'm not use to this cold. Our average temp is 50-60. I'm ready for Spring! I've got to go back and read Stephen's challenge. I have started following him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking time off is necessary, but it can feel fatal when the fun is over! You'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are finally pulling out of the way cold weather we've had lately. It got up to 30F today and for Texas that is very odd. Even for this time of the year.

    I don't have diabetes yet...and can't remember if you said you did or not...I hope not. It is a dreadful disease. I thought it interesting that 70% of people who quit smoking were diagnosed with diabetes within 7 years or so.

    I'll check back to read about your mom. My dad really was the milkman. *L* Every Father's day I put the story about him back up. It was the best one. I miss him a lot, even though we weren't terribly close when I was growing up.

    Thanks for stopping by and hope you get your energy back. Usually when I get rested I'm back at whatever I want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee