This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

This Is Only A Summation of the Week That Was and a Preview of Things to Come

          The rains came with a vengeance here in Southern California this week.  Of course rainfall is always something that this part of the United States needs desperately whenever we can get it, but it sure can create some hardship for us as well.  Fortunately, where I live we didn't face any flooding, just cooler temperatures than we are accustomed to and wet, wet, wet.  Top that off with one painful backache and I was in the house most of the time and in bed more than usual.  I was not in much of a writing mood so I hope my blog posts didn't suffer.

            My Monday post in the Blog Boggled series, This Is Only A Test started a titular thematic trend for the rest of the week--I always try to have a good time.  Seeing how I have been getting a good response on the topic of blogging I am going to continue discussing it this coming Monday.  After all, if you're like me, you probably like to discover ways that improve your blog act and I like to just toss out a little seed for thought for all of us Blog Birds.  You also might want to check out Jody Hedlund's post from yesterday.   She has also posted about this topic over the past several weeks.  Katie Ganshert also said she's posting on this topic on Monday.  It should be interesting to compare and contrast what we are all saying--I'll be looking at Katie's post on Monday for sure.       
     
       Tuesday I was in a playful mood with This Is Only A Game .  No one asked to play along but seems like a few of you enjoyed watching me play.  Well, I had fun, despite my backache.  We'll see what kind of fun we can come up with this Tuesday.

          Many of you came to visit me in my home writing space on Wednesday's post, This Is Only An Office .  I enjoy visitors and the post is still there for you to check out if you missed the original tour.  I wonder where we can go and who we can see this coming Wednesday?  You'll just have to stop by to see.

               This past Thursday I vented with some somewhat touchy topics perhaps.  I hope I didn't offend anybody but I was just thinking aloud.  In fact, I almost deleted This Is Only A Question and then I thought, no, this is what was on my mind and I might as well see what others think.  Well, some of you gave me some good opinions and I thank you for that.  If anyone else wants to toss their two cents in the bucket you can still do it cause I'm still listening.  Hmmm-- Wonder what will be bugging me this coming week?

            Yesterday, I ventured back into my inner realm as I experimented with This Is Only A Dream .  Regular readers already know that I have a strong interest in dreams.  The world of the sleeper is a peculiar place that I will probably return to frequently.  Let me know if you think it's a place you don't really need to know about.  Was anyone curious about the radio photo?  Nobody really said anything if they were?

              And so the rain continues off and on and is predicted to be with us until next Tuesday.   I don't mind the rain so much, but this darn backache is definitely something I could do without.  The only real advantage to the rain and the backache is that I'm probably going to read through the entire Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME .   If you're thinking I got the backache from carrying that book, well I didn't-- I didn't pick the book up until I realized that my back felt better if I was lying down-- a perfect time to read.

            Incidentally, the photos on this post were all taken out of the windows of my home during the storm days.  It isn't exactly like the sunrise pictures I put up on Wednesday, but they still look pretty nice.
           
                 

8 comments:

  1. Rain is a frequent visitor to the UK, but it is something we can't do without. I enjoyed your post, most informative.

    Take care and have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I like the idea of blog boggled posts. :)

    Crazy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain clears the air and makes for sharp photos - I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! We're having rain here in NC, but it's too overcast to be pretty...

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder
    Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and I enjoyed stopping by! Hope the back is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having the same wet wonder land up her in Central CA. Frankly, it's a nice change. :)

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog.

    Your choice of topics sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your visits. And an update --- my back began aching with such severity this morning that I went to the ER at my local Kaiser Hospital. Diagnosis was probably nothing serious. They shot me up with some morphine and gave me a Rx for Vicodin which has given me a great deal of relief. I'm not a big fan of painkillers, but this was one occasion when I felt the real need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the pictures. And, also found the post very interesting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee