This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

       Yes, today is my birthday.  I won't tell you which one -- see if you can guess.  I wish it weren't my birthday.  I'd happily stop having the darn things if it meant I didn't get any older.  I'm content where I am now thank you.

        This week I received a very nice phone call from Phoenix singer-songwriter Forrest Smith.  You may recall my post about him back in December -- if not you may want to go back and check it out.  He complimented the interview I did with him and told me it was among the three best stories that had been done on him in his entire career.  That made me feel really good. We writers like to get feedback on what we do and here on the blogs it sometimes seems that it is never enough.  In fact over my vacation during Christmas holidays, I caught up with several friends and family members who had been following my blogs and told me to my face how much they enjoyed them.  Thanks to all of you who provide me with that encouragement as it really helps keep me going.

         I am going to continue my BLOG BOGGLED series on Mondays.  I have been getting a good response and there is still more to say.  I've been noticing other blogs doing the same topic and I will continue to link to those when I find them. 

       I had so much fun with my Costco story on Tuesday and those who read it seemed to enjoy it.  I like writing humor but I don't know that it's my forte.   I'll try to be funny as much as I can--- in fact I may get downright silly if I can.  Don't know about this coming Tuesday.  I'll be reviewing, or at least commenting on something.  I just have to figure out what it will be.

       The Wednesday story about my library seemed to go over pretty well with readers.  This coming Wednesday, if things go as planned, I am going to go into my back yard and see if you can help me answer a question and tell you some other parts of my story.

        Thursday has always been debate day and will continue to be so.  And Fridays are a mystery and perhaps I will continue exploring the mysterious world of dreams.  Oh, and I forgot to mention Sunday--I'll be delving into the Bible as usual.

          What has been the most uplifting thing you've heard about your blog?  Do your friends and family keep up with your writings and how much support do you get from them?  Do you ever think about just giving it up?  Or have you just started and we ain't heard nothin' yet?

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, my family think my writing poetry is odd,
    yet they all enjoyed the book that was published, what they don't understand is that I can write down my thoughts and if the thoughts are negative reading them I become more positive.....if that makes sense.
    I look forward to reading the blogs you have lined up.

    Have a lovely day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    I enjoy blogging too much to give it up, although I'll admit that it's a big time suck. But it's fun...and a good warm up for novel writing. :)

    My family and friends lurk at my blog...which really makes me laugh. They never pipe up there!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! And keep up the good work on your blog.

    Yes my family reads my blog- a lot. But, I don't think family takes us as seriously (or realizes how serious we are) as others. That's just the way it is.

    The things I've read in my comments that mean so much is first that I make people laugh and that my Sunday and Wednesday Inspired blog satifies the reader's current needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Lee! Hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, LeeBee....Have a great day. Keep up the good work. I try to read your blogs every morning and enjoy them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy biiiirrrrthdaaaay, dear Lee-ee,
    Happy birthday to yooooouuuuu!

    (I've had too much coffee this morning, but the sentiment remains.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!
    And keep having them - beats the alternative.
    I guess most people say they like the information and links on my blog. The photos go over really well, too.
    And you do well at humor! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. `
    "Put another candle on the birthday cake,
    the birthday cake,
    the birthday cake..."

    Only older Californians will remember Sheriff John and the words to that song.

    Well, Brother, I KNOW how old you are! You're thirty-five. What I don't know is how someone so young has acquired so much knowledge. But congratulations on somehow accomplishing it!

    >>[What has been the most uplifting thing you've heard about your blog?]<<

    That it's free to read and worth every penny of the price.

    >>[Do your friends and family keep up with your writings and how much support do you get from them?]<<

    My brother Napoleon reads my Blogs regularly and he usually likes what I write. The rest of my family - Sister, Brother-In-Law, Niece, Nephew - don't give a damn about my writing and never read my Blogs. My "Internet Friends" (such as yourself) read my Blogs more than my face-to-face friends do. Those who have known me "in person" spend little or no time reading my writing. Without a few far-flung friends like you, rLEE-b, my Blogs would have no regular readership at all.

    >>[Do you ever think about just giving it up?]<<

    Yup, I sometimes do.

    Hey, H.B., Birthday Boy!
    Make it a good one.
    Wouldn't a little Grand Marnier on ice go down nicely this evening? You have my permission just this once. Pour it in memory of me, totally sober and working for a paycheck until midnight. Poor, poor, pitiful me. Happy, happy, lucky you!

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Arlee. Yeah, blogging is a time suck like Elizabeth said. But it beats doing a lot of other things like watching TV.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, thanks for visiting me on my memoir blog, when i was your age. I generally blog at sixtyfivewhatnow, the age when I started. My birthday was a couple of days ago. I understand!

    My family does not read my blogs. Sigh! I'm contented to write my stories so, when they finally get to ask, they'll have some things to refer to.

    Yes, they'll say, she was here and there, was this and that.

    Blogging helps us to connect with others like us. That's enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for the kind birthday wishes!

    Yvonne -- Poetry is a very specialized taste and not everybody can grasp it. A book does add credibiity when people see it.

    Elizabeth --Blogging does take time. I've had a number of people mention something they've read on my blog --- I wouldn't mind if they left a comment at the post.

    Teresa -- Family knows us and probably takes our blogging for granted. That's why we treasure our comments I guess.

    Joy -- Hey sister! I heard you had a back problem this past week. Talk to you soon.

    Simon -- How fun! Where's my cake?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday :) The number's not important - just enjoy the day! Especially if there's cake :)

    I enjoy blogging & wouldn't want to give it up. It does take time, but it's all connected to writing, so I don't consider it a waste. It's yet another way to grow as a writer.

    No one in my family even know what a blog is!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!

    May you be forever young!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to you, sir...

    I wouldn't dare to guess. I've had folks ask me if I was retired, and I'm only 47. People assume the worst when they see a headful of grey hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! You're 21, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday:) Yeah, um, strange to write, but most of my family doesn't even a computer exist. My own mother knows there's a screen, a area to type (but it's not a type writer), and it gives information. So I think of random, but good ideas to post. When I think about giving up, I just tell myself, "where else am I going to find a place to talk, and talk back to myself?"

    God Bless

    P.S.
    I think your forever 26:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. L. Diane -- Your blog is pretty eclectic and does hit a lot of territory -- I like that.

    Stephen Dogg -- aww--why'd you go and tell everybody how old I am? Well that's okay, by gum, yes I'm thirty five and proud of it and don't nobody be disputin' Stephen. And maybe just a sip of the Grand Marnier--still got some left in the open bottle. Not touchin' yers yet.

    Stephen Tremp -- yeah TV would be a waste. Hope you get that book fair thing figured out.

    lakeveiwer --- I'm with you there in more ways that one. Glad you've visited my blog.

    Jemi -- took a while for me to get my family on board but they've been reading. Maybe yours will to someday.

    Sig & Alan -- I will always be young --at heart at least. Hair? What's hair?

    K.C. & Legendswife -- 21? 26? 35? Age is only a number -- I should just stop counting right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday, even late.

    Be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rosamaria -- Thank you-- it's good to hear from my representative in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee