This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Zookeeper, Zoning Manager, Zzyzx Operator, ( #AtoZChallenge )

 


 #AtoZChallenge 2024 letter Z


                Zoo is a common go-to for many an April A to Z series so zookeeper sounds like the natural way to go for this final letter.in regard to my series about occupations that I coulda been or actually was on occasion.  I was never a zookeeper, but I was a parent and that is sometimes compared to maintaining a zoo.  My critters--er, I mean--girls were pretty good.  Now they've got their own zoos with more nice kids like I had.  I'd much rather visit a zoo than keep care of one, but it does sound like an interesting occupation.

         Zoning manager is more like it for me. Not that I know much about zoning anything.  I'm sure I could figure it out as good as anyone else.  Sounds like an office job and that's my speed these days.  Then also, it's a manager job and as I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've been manager in most of my job positions.  Maybe I could be manager of an office of engineers or whatever who do zoning work.  And I could do the management part.  If that's how it works.

        Considering my location of Los Angeles I perhaps could apply as an operator at Zzyzx CA.  To clarify, Zzyzx is an exit one sees on the way to Las Vegas off of I-15.  There used to be some sort of health resort at this remote desert location, but now it's associated with some kind of university research.  They must have someone who runs things out there.  Guess I won't apply for that job. It gets really hot out there.

        And that, my friends, concludes another year for me of Blogging from A to Z.   I've explored the occupations that I coulda been as well as some of the things I actually did do.  Hope you enjoyed it and if you missed any of the posts then I hope you'll go back to check them out

       Comments always welcomed!


        Do you go to zoos very often?   Is the zoning where you live fairly strict or is it mostly lax and random?   Have you ever seen that Zzyzx exit or even actually gotten off there?
















5 comments:

  1. That's one crazy name.
    Zookeeper would be interesting but I'm sure it doesn't pay much unless you're the zoo vet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the Challenge! This is your 15th?

    My dentists in Chicago were a married couple named Zizic, but I don't think they're from the middle of the desert. Zyzzx looks like a name from the end of the phone book, something someone chose specifically to be the last listing.

    We were kind of like zookeepers when we had all the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit zoos but not often. It's one of the first things I want to do when I'm in a new city visiting though. Thanks for your A to Z posts. I was with you all the way. Good job. (pun intended)
    https://dacairns.com.au/blog/f/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DA, thank you for all the comments. It's good to know when someone is reading. But I guess you know that.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I would have used zoo today but I was doing 1918-1919 Montgomery, Alabama and there was no zoo. So I used a bunch of advertisments from local newspapers using Z words.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee