This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Van Driver, Visitor Services, Videographer, Violinist (#AtoZChallenge)

 

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter V



             Van driver might be an appropriate job label for me these days since I have a van that I frequently use to transport my wife and I and other family members around.  In fact, the first vehicle I ever owned was a van and I've owned one ever since.  I've logged many miles in my vans so I think I could qualify as a professional van driver.  And when I worked for the airport shuttle service in Knoxville TN I was usually driving a van filled with paying passengers.  That is professional van driving for sure.

       We don't get many visitors at our house, but when we do I try to show them a good time.  I might be good at visitor services.  Maybe I could work at a hotel, tourist office, or some other location where travelers were seeking information and help getting around.  One in that position would probably meet some interesting people, though I'd rather be the one doing the visiting.

        My oldest daughter works as a videographer on occasion.  I suppose I might have influenced her since I used to take a lot of videos of the family.  Doing video work might be a lot of fun and very interesting depending on what type of video I was shooting.  I'd need some better video equipment if I were going to seriously pursue the career of a videographer.  I guess I'd need to work another job to make the money to buy the equipment.  Or maybe I could just not be a videographer.

        Violinist has been a big part of my identity since I was a child.  My playing ability has never achieved any high level of skill, but I've managed to use this job persona to make a living to a certain degree. I will never be mistaken for a virtuoso, but I can honestly say that I've worked as a violinist.

      Are there any talents that you acquired in childhood that have helped you earn a living in your adult life?   Do you enjoy taking home movies or videos?  What was your first vehicle?





1 comment:

  1. The first vehicle I drive solo after getting my license was a 1975 Mercedes something or other which belonged to my parents. The first car I bought was an 1971 Holden HG station wagon. Straight six. Three on the tree. All red interior with a white exterior. I paid $1600 for it. I remember dad saying to me when we picked it up that car ownership was about always having your hand in your pocket.
    https://dacairns.com.au/blog/f/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-v

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee