This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Special Friday Request

Daniel Jackson --It seems ironic that the photos they offer the prisoners have the idyllic tropical backgrounds as though they were vacation pictures.


I encourage any of you who will to read the following post:

http://thesagaoftheconcretejungle.blogspot.com/2010/11/burden.html

Dan is calling out to those who will listen to him.  I hope that it might be you and that you might send him a word of encouragement in his comments.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder - I haven't been able to visit Daniel's site much in the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his blog. Such a unique and interesting perspective. Thanks for the reminder, like Alex I haven't made it by in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Lee, I see what you mean about the photograph.

    Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that the man who writes his blog from the prison? I remember you were mentioning him before as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder, Lee. And most of the backdrops are painted by the inmates r at least they use to be.

    It really is sad how much beautiful talent evil has swallowed up.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex -- I understand. With the book tour, NaNo, and all you've been keeping pretty busy.

    Matthew -- I'm sure he appreciates your visit. It is a different point of view than we get from most blogs.

    Yvonne -- You'd think he was on vacation, but I guess that backdrop is better than showing where he really is.

    Dezmond -- Yes, it's the same man. I like to drop a reminder on my blog for people to visit him since he is often forgotten since he can't comment on other blogs.

    Jules -- Yes, I can't truly imagine what it is really like in a place like that, but I'm sure can stifle creativity and personal growth. It's certainly not like going to college or being in an intellectual environment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a good thing here, reminding us all of what we have. You've allowed us a look into another setting where although stifling, it houses some amazing talents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will take a look, thanks. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee