So today, and not to appear flippant (it's like vocabulary day), I am going to accept some awards. Like I need awards. After reading through all of the accolades and super-nice comments that people were giving me yesterday in the reflections post, my head got so big that my wife had to deflate it so I could get in the door last night.
Actually I'm exaggerating about my inflated self-image. I only opted for a life-sized six foot statue of myself on my front lawn. The neighborhood association decided that the twelve foot version was a bit too much. And they totally nixed the idea of the rooftop billboard that read, "THIS IS THE HOME OF ARLEE BIRD". I suppose I could opt for a small sign in my front window, but then what's the point.
Instead I'll post these awards on my site today:
The Cherry On Top Award
First from Wolfie at Writer Person I received the Cherry On Top Award. I could say she's just being nice to me because I'm her uncle, but then again she said such nice things about me on her A to Z Reflections post. Of course, maybe she said nice things about me because I'm her uncle. No, I think she means it because she's a really nice niece.
Anyway according to the rules I'm supposed to write three good things about myself:
1) When I was a kid I used to really like Tonka toy trucks. This was in the late 50's and early 60's when they were really well made.
2) I used to enjoy staging massive accidents with my Tonka trucks. How is that good? When you're a boy it's really cool to watch a Tonka truck rolling down an embankment crashing into rocks and getting totally destroyed. Like, wow!
3) Now I wish I had all of those old crashed Tonka trucks still in new condition. That would be good because they'd probably be worth some good money and I could sell them.
Okay-- I guess that was kind of lame. So anyway here's the next award:
The Cherry On Top Award
Wait a minute! Didn't I just do this? Deju vu yes I did, but I got the award again. This time from DJ Glen at Glen's Blog Spot. Gee, thanks, Glen. Now I have to come up with three more good things. Let's see:
1. When I was a kid I used to like to collect baseball cards.
2. When I was a kid I used to like to take my baseball cards and clothes pin them to the frame of my bicycle so they'd clack-clack on the spokes of the wheel until they were destroyed. Why was that good? When you're a boy that clickety sound is so cool when you're riding around the neighborhood.
3. Now I wish I had all those baseball cards back because they're probably worth something and I could sell them.
Hmmm -- seems to be a theme going on here. Well now I'm supposed to pass this award on to some others. I've been taking the all-inclusive A to Z Bloggers cop-out, but now I guess I can't really do that anymore. I'm not trying to show any favoritism here so please don't be offended if you're not on this list (and if you still want it you can take it and give me credit). So here you go:
Box o' Whine because she wanted it and I told her I'd find her one and besides, she's funny.
1 Wasabi Mommy -- I didn't see one of these on her site but her place looks like a doggone art gallery as it is and I'd say her blog has something extra. I think she's going to be doing some kind of photo challenge too, but you'd have to ask her about.
All In the Mind of a Belbin --- she doesn't have any awards showing on her site and I think she did a good job with the A to Z Challenge.
What's So Random? This is another one of my nieces. Okay maybe I am showing a little favoritism. I don't see a recent post so I'll give her some encouragement.
These awards are a lot of work! So sorry if I stop there. I'll have a couple more on Saturday. Tell me if you want me to give you one. It's very helpful to me cause then I don't have to look to see who to give them to. I like it when I can just give them to everybody. And that's about all I have to say about that.