This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blogging to Remember

          I forgot to wish everybody a happy St. Paddy's day--and me being partly of Irish extraction.  I never knew that I actually had any Irish in me until about fifteen years ago when I started studying a family history book which my aunt Nancy Jackson had collaborated on.   Seems some of the ancestors came to the United States from Ireland back in the 1700s.  I always manage to wear some green, but I'm not hardcore about the whole Irish thing.

        I did fix up some fine corned beef Irish stew and ate it for three days in a row.  With just two of us in the house now dinners don't go as fast as they used to--there's almost always some leftovers.  Now until I get inspired to cook up another meal of real food I guess it's cereal for supper again--or cookies if we have them.

         This past week you readers have been very patient with me as I totally got off my schedule when my story on Wednesday got continued on Thursday and finished  yesterday.  Two days of scheduled blog topics got postponed, but I guess we have the right to do that if we feel like it.  I started telling my story on my Wednesday post and the memories kept coming.  That's a cool thing about blogging I guess.

         Last Monday I had a Blog Boggled post that turned into a love-fest for some of our fellow bloggers.   That's another nice thing about this blog community--the spirit of support and sharing.  This coming Monday's Blog Boggled post will recognize some other blog posts that deserve recognition and I will address a few things that bug me.   That is, if I don't get all lovey-dovey again and even if I do get bugged sometimes I still love you all.

          Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT was the topic last Tuesday.  The planned topic for this coming Tuesday will be Films of Ominous Premonitions of Cataclysm and Apocalypse.

           On Wednesday I'm going to be graced with a very special guest appearance by the Spunky one, L. Diane Wolfe.  You have probably seen her lately on other blogs as she's been making the rounds promoting a new book.  I'll have a few questions for Diane and I hope you'll join us.

           This coming Thursday and Friday I plan to go back to the topics intended for this past week:  A debate question about summer vacations and an article about mythical creatures--or are they real?

            For your weekly dose of the Bible join me tomorrow as I continue last week's topic about how the Bible can benefit us.   I hope that Ginny stops by again--Ginny, I really enjoyed your challenging comments last week.

         Have you written your memoir, another person's memoir, or do you plan to?    When you are writing, are ingrained memories ever brought to the surface that causes your writing to become sidetracked?   Do you like to plan blog posts ahead of time or do you prefer spontaneity?  Do you have any questions that you would like me to ask Diane?

10 comments:

  1. I look forward to next week's topics with anticipation. Always something interesting to read,
    No I haven't written or plan to write my memiors, I have had a great life on the whole and some hilarious things have occured but to write them down as a story I wouldn't have the first clue how to attempt it. ....I could probable write it in poetry form.
    My blogs I don't plan I write a poem then put it on my page.

    Have a good week-end and thanks for a most marvellous interesting week of blogs.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday will be interesting and I'm looking forward to Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started a memoir, but am apprehensive because I wonder if I have the "stuff" of which memoirs are made, LOL. we all have a story to tell -- but writing it to engage an audience with content and style is a huge responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not written my memoir yet. I don't know if I plan to or not. Good question.

    Yes, sometimes when sitting and writing on one topic, other thoughts jump in. I just set the writing aside and then come back to it.

    I try to plan my blogs ahead of time. I like to write them and then put them in queue to rotate up.

    Sometimes I get an idea that interrupts what I am doing so I do allow spontaneity to interrupt me.

    Not knowing Diane, I don't think I have any questions, except maybe one, where did I put my keys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another jam-packed week, Lee!

    I don't plan blog posts. I post 2 or 3 times a week as the mood and an idea strike me. It's working for me so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy St. Paddy's to you and I can't wait to visit next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy St, Pat to you!

    I do think about my posting for a while before I write it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne -- I think you'd do a fine job of writing a memoir and if you did it in verse that would be especially unique. A lot of your poetry has been based on your life as it is. A poetic memoir would be a great idea!

    Alex -- Stay tuned.

    Ajgallion-- I think anybody's life can make an interesting memoir. It's all in the telling and the ability to make the story meaningful to the readers.

    Gregg -- sounds like you and I are on a similar wavelength quite often.

    Jemi -- Yes, I'd say spontaneity works quite well for you.

    Elizabeth -- come back and see

    Diane -- Wednesday is your day at Tossing It Out.

    Jarmara -- So no stream of consciousness? I like to think about mine for a while and formulate the post in my head first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, so sorry that I haven't been by to visit. Please forgive me. I have been very busy preparing to query.

    I don't believe I will ever write my memoir. But never say never.

    I am unplugged mostly for a couple more weeks while I ready everything to find the most awesome, coolest of the cool agents in the world.

    Oh and Ms. Wolfe lives here in NC.. Be safe Lee. =)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee