Sometime, somewhere I had stated that I wanted to reach 200 followers by April 1. Yesterday I reached that stated goal. I've tried to find where I made that statement, but I could not find it anywhere in any of my blog posts. Perhaps I mentioned it in a comment. I guess it really doesn't matter because I am there. I want to thank everyone of you who have signed on to follow Tossing It Out and hope that you will continue to stop by every now and then and leave a comment if you have time. I always like to hear from you.
Now, I don't do contests or any big whoo-hoos to celebrate my achievement, but I do feel pretty good about it. Yesterday as I was taking my daily morning walk, I started thinking of something special to do and I came up with an idea for a blog challenge that I am going to do in April. I would like to invite any of you who are interested to join me in this because I think it could be not only fun, but also an inspiration for your blogging activity.
Many of you are aware that I've been blogging every day since I first started last September. April has thirty days with four Sundays. On Sundays I do my Bible Study and many of you don't post at all. Since I've got my Sundays covered, that leaves twenty-six more days of blog posts for me to fill--that's one post for each letter of the alphabet. In April I've decided to do a Blogging from A to Z theme and I'm inviting any of you who think you have what it takes to join me. In other words, I challenge you to join me--I double dog dare you!
The challenge would entail that each day participating bloggers post at least 100 words based on the letter of that day, starting with "A" on April 1 and ending with "Z" on April 30. Does that sound too difficult for you? Actually I think it gives you a prompt to make inspiration come more easily. Let me know what you think. I will post more about this on my post coming up this Monday, which will be another in my Blog Boggled series. I want your ideas on this since I've never done anything like a challenge before.
If you didn't see my Blog Boggled post last Monday, it was called In a Buggy and Not Even Amish-- okay, I thought the title was kind of clever and if you're curious go back and read the post. Last Tuesday I talked about End of the World movies . Next Tuesday I'll be visiting Alaska--on the blog, not for real. Then on Wednesday we'll go across the North American continent to Toronto where I will talk about some of my memorable visits to that beautiful city. If you missed my post from last Wednesday, you missed a wonderful visit with L. Diane Wolfe and you must go back now to read it.
This past Thursday we had a lively debate about taking vacations and we had some really great comments that you might want to read if you missed them. Yesterday I looked at some of the strange creatures that people have claimed to have seen. Next Thursday begins my Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Appropriately, the first post will be A as in April Fools Day and this will be a debate topic. Friday's post will be B as in Babylon and this will be a topic of mystery. Then a week from today I will present my weekly blog overview in C Is For Capsulization. I hope you will be joining me.
And Now Another Award!
The Beautiful Blogger Award
Helen Ginger gave me The Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you Helen. Gosh, I'm so embarrassed---blush. According to the rules I need to link to the person who nominated me for this award (done), share seven interesting things about myself, and nominate seven other beautiful bloggers.
I've told a lot of things about myself on this blog but I'll try and dig and come up with something, but I don't know how interesting they will be.
1. I attended the University of Tennessee for 5 years in the early 70s but never graduated.
2. I got my B.S. in Business Management from the University of Phoenix in 2005.
3. Dodgeball was my favorite activity in Physical Education.
4. I was the first chair violinist in my elementary school orchestra.
5. I've owned two dogs named "Blackie".
6. I used to drink Tabasco Sauce out of the bottle, but not any more.
7. I once picked up two hitchhikers dressed in white robes--they said they had sat around a campfre with Jesus the night before.
Now, to nominate 7 truly beautiful bloggers and certainly more interesting people:
1. Yvonne at Welcome to My World of Poetry -- she's almost to 100 followers! Join her blog!
2. Ron at The Old Geezer -- he may not look so beautiful, but a lot of folks think the world of him.
3. Leslee at Life at Number 10 she could use some more followers
4. Karen Walker at Following the Whispers for her caring heart.
5. Greg at Gospel Driven Disciples -- He puts a lot of thought and care into his posts and his comments
6. Debra at Dream Weaver she's coming back after a short time away and she's always been so nice
7. Ginny the Sock Monkey How can I resist a name like hers ----it's beautiful.
Hope everyone will drop by and give these bloggers a word of encouragement. And you award winners: relish it, display it proudly if you want to, and pass it on to some others if you want to take the time to recognize bloggers whom you appreciate.
My thanks to all who visited today and I hope to hear some input about my Blogging From A to Z Challenge. Do you post at least 6 times per week? Are you ever stumped for blog topics?