This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, January 21, 2022

Obligatory Waste of Time? Or Not? ( #BOTB Results )

 I said I'd do it here so here I am doing it.  I know you've been waiting so here it is!!!



Battle of the Bands Results


Folsom Prison Blues

         This is not my favorite song by a long shot, but I do like it and I'm a long time fan of Johnny Cash.  And again, he's not my favorite artist, but I recognize his place in music history and can appreciate his achievements in field of music.

            My recent contest had three artists performing the well-known Cash hit in three varying styles.  I liked all three versions--that's why I picked them--so I could go with any of them.  But in order to prevent a tie and to give something to every contestant then I'm giving my vote to the oddly named group The Cripple and The Tramp.  So that gives us a winner by a narrow margin.


Final Vote Tally

Slim Harpo                   5 votes

Everlast                         4 votes

Cripple and Tramp       1 vote


Have a nice day/weekend/life...






4 comments:

  1. Everlast was my choice. BUT no one, no one I tell you, can equal Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee,

    Very close battle. My pick was Slim Harpo. Thanks for reporting the outcome, my friend. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's as close as a Battle can get without it becoming a disappointing tie.

    As I recall, you were due for a close one, Lee.

    See ya on the 1st.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee