This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Stuck No Longer--Unleash the #BOTB Winner!

   
      No A to Z on Sunday, but still I'm posting.  Today I've got the results for my most recent Battle of the Bands.



Battle of the Bands



Stuck in the Middle with You

       In the middle of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge which falls in the middle of the month seemed like an ideal time to revisit the Stealer's Wheel song "Stuck in the Middle" using two quite different remakes.  For reference you can find this Battle on my last Sunday post of April 15th.

         My reaction to this Battle between the mellow sounds of Jodi Pederson and the hiccuppy bouncy Frantic Flintstones was that Jodi gave a pleasant listenable performance which was my favorite at first.   But then after several listens, like happened with some of the voters, I began to prefer the Frantic Flintstones.   Jodi was off to a good start early on in the contest, but the wave for Frantic Flintstones swept through and gave them a decisive win.

Final Vote Tally

Jodi Pederson                  5 votes

Frantic Flintstones         12 votes

Next Battle of the Bands on Tuesday May 1st.  Since I've got just about a week of A to Z to post and I'm still writing those posts, I have no thoughts about my next Battle.  Guess you will have to find out then what song I'll be using next.   The Battle will happen since it is one of my favorite things.


        Are you ready for the upcoming summer months?    Any vacation plans for this year?   When in your life have you felt most stuck in the middle of your situation?  







5 comments:

  1. In was torn between the two versions but opted for the loser.
    Being stuck in the middle is my life these past few years, Oh for the joy of travelling to return.......but it will you see.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two good versions of a really fun, terrific song. I'd call that "a good Battle" regardless of the somewhat one-sided outcome.

    Lee, I don't know yet what my May 1st Battle will be, either. But you and I have so many potential contests already in mind (if not on paper and in computer files, too) that there's never any worries about it.

    We may not really be prepared for what's up around the bend in life, but you and I are both always prepared for the next BOTB date, regardless of which direction we may decide to go in.

    See ya then...

    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to see our grandkids in OH in a couple of weeks for a few days. So far that's all we have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great battle!
    As temperatures rise in the desert we head to higher elevations in the woods ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee