This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, January 22, 2024

A Battle to the Rosewood Bitter End ( #BOTB Results)

 

      Do you sometimes feel like we're in a calm before a storm?  So much going on throughout the world that it seems like things are going to explode.  And in the U.S. it's another presidential election so we're probably going to have a sort of a repeat of 2020 except bigger and more disruptive.

      Oh well, whatever.  Perhaps I'm delving into the realms of conspiracy so why don't I get back on track to the reality at hand, the thing that means the most to this blog at this time and place.  Let me tell you the outcome of my most recent Battle.


Battle of the Bands Results


Rosewood Bitters 

      ...was the name of the song as performed by the songwriter Michael Stanley alongside Joe Walsh's fine cover.  I think the song fit Walsh's style perfectly, but like many of you my own preference was for Michael Stanley.  

Final Vote Tally

Michael Stanley Band             7 votes

Joe Walsh                                 3 votes




10 comments:

  1. No surprise that version won.
    No matter what happens in November, I think we are in for some serious ugliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I figured Joe might have a better chance because of recognition.
      I need to stock up on popcorn to watch the proceedings--and maybe just to survive.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Hurray for Michael Stanley! ☺ The whole world is in turmoil and I think everybody is anxious these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D, I don't feel particularly anxious in a bad way, but maybe more in anticipation. I'm getting too old to worry much about anything.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. My vote was contributed to the losing side in this Battle. Hmmm.... Gee, why, and how come I ain't the least bit o' surprised?

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, thank goodness for those "losing side" votes. Either one was a good choice in my view.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Great battle! I like the outcome. Rosewood Bitters is a compelling name for a drink. It's one of quite a few I recently learned about. I'll stick with Irish Coffee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, I'd like to try the drink, but not sure where to get the rosewood stuff to make it. I'm always curious about mind-expanding adventures..

      However, Irish Coffee sounds pretty good during this colder weather.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. You're right, it's going to be wild year for sure but I hope you're wrong about it being even worse than 2020. Thanks for reporting the outcome. My plans changed, so I will publish a Feb. 1st BOTB after all. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I think some of the illegals crossing the border might be part of a clandestine army intending to disrupt our elections and other things. I'll watch for your next Battle.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee