This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Autumn Waft ( #BOTB Results )

       Not much of a breeze on this fall evening.  Just cool autumn air wafting through the windows.  But even when summer is gone, we can still sing summer songs...


Battle of the Bands Results



Summer Showdown

       The most recent Battle found two contrasting renditions of the Seals and Crofts classic hit "Summer Breeze" which all voters seemed to agree on it being a fine summer song.  

        The somewhat ominous sound of Dark Side of Light I did enjoy quite a bit.  I even liked the weird electronic sounds and such.  But it was the mellow delivery of the duo that won me over.  Guess it just fit my mood better.  I gave my vote to The Running Mates.


Final Vote Tally

The Running Mates        5 votes

Dark Side of Light           6 votes

An unpleasant sounding write-in      1 vote


Next Battle on Wednesday November 1

       Did I really say that?  Time to think about Christmas.  Happy Halloween!



7 comments:

  1. Lee,

    Your battle showdown was much tighter than mine. I'm glad my pick came out on top! I can't believe the holidays are just about here again. Everywhere we look retailers have Christmas decorations going up. It's so ridiculous! Thanks for reporting in. I'll see on the first if not before then, my friend. Have a bandtastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, not too bad a turnout for midmonth with a nice balance to my own results. The year end is becoming a big blur. Here comes 2024 and for me it's way too soon.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. You have to admit, if those guys were all dead, they'd be rolling in their graves if they heard that unpleasant-sounding version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, in another state of mind I might better appreciate Type O Negative, but then maybe I'm getting too old for that kind of music.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Close Battle, but not so close that it ended in a tie (and that's a good thang).

    See ya on the 1st of November, Lee.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, this is a good kind of close outcome. November! What happened to summer?

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Pleased I voted for the winner Lee.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee