This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, July 10, 2023

Dropping in with Results ( #BOTB )

 I'm here again.  Another lovely day in L.A. & me a mile and a million minutes behind.  But I'm here...


Battle of the Bands Results


  


        My most recent Battle came off better than the previous two, but it was still not a song that knocked anyone's socks off.  But maybe you were barefoot.  After all, it's summer.

        The song was the Bob Dylan/Richard Manuel composition "Tears of Rage" which most famously appeared on The Band's debut album Music from Big Pink.  It's a song that captivated me from the first time I listened to that album and I still think it's one of the best cuts on the album.

        There was a nice mix of support for both artists that I used:  Gene Clark and Ian & Sylvia.  I didn't care much for Ian's vocal style on this song, but I loved their harmony.  The ideal pairing in my opinion would have been Sylvia and Gene Clark because I like Clark's voice better.  Between the two recordings I'm going to vote for Gene Clark.


Final Vote Tally 

Gene Clark                   7 votes

Ian & Sylvia                 7 votes


Well how about that?


Next thing that happens here?

       Is when it happens.   Maybe a Battle on the 15th of July, but certainly one on August 1.  Either way, I'll be here when it happens.  




4 comments:

  1. How fun! Can't wait to see what happens next ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess that means both artists were equally good. ☺ As you know, my battle also ended in a tie. See you on August 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEE ~

    Two ties in this BOTB round. That's when artists are matched perhaps even a bit TOO well. It's a tricky thing. Definitely an art and not a science. And people who have never tried BOTB probably don't quite appreciate the degree of thought that must go into it in order to do it well.

    The funny thing is that (most of the time) when I'm putting together a BOTB match-up, I'm trying to get as tight a race as possible (i.e., thinking in terms of trying to create a tie), but then when I *DO* end up with a tie, I think to myself: What a waste of time. I mean, imagine watching a Super Bowl game or a best-of-seven World Series that ends up in a tie.

    Anyway, this was *obviously* a very good contest -- evenly matched -- and that's what we're all shooting for.

    See ya at your next BOTB installment.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly a tie! How awesome!! Thanks for reporting the results, Lee. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee