This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Thursday, June 8, 2023

The Massacre ( #BOTB Results )

 I've been away for an extended stay, but I got back home today

Just in time for my results of the Battle of versions of  a song called "Dust"...


Battle of the Bands Results



          Okay--so my Battle got 10 votes that were all for The Brian Jonestown Massacre.  Maybe it was a massacre, but it was not a shut-out because I cast my vote for TW.  And I'll tell you why.  

          The Brian Jonestown Massacre perfectly captured the spirit of the Elevators original version done as a post punk emo style delivery and I really liked the sound of it.  But I was searching for a stripped down version where the vocals were most clearly performed and TW gave me what I was looking for.  I can tolerate his vocals because I like singers like Neil Young, Bob Dylan, or a whole panoply of rock vocalists.  I also liked the subdued piano background arrangement.  TW omitted my favorite lines from the song, but most listeners would probably not pay attention to such a thing. Someday I hope I find just the arrangement I'm looking for, but for now this will fulfill a certain musical desire.

      And for now I'm done with this post because I just came in from a nearly 7000 mile road trip around the U.S.   Maybe I'll have more on that later, but for now I'm going to give you a vote tally and lay down for the night.


Final Vote Tally

Brian Jonestown Massacre     10 votes

TW                                            1 vote


Next Battle on Thursday June 15

        We'll see how many votes I can get for that one.  






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the result Lee, you have travelled far so hope you enjoy your rest.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious about the missing lines ;-) Your battle results look a lot like mine. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, ironically I led off my post of May 3 with those verses:

      "The faith that we build
      Will strengthen our close growing closer
      Till waiting is filled
      We simply remember we are,
      Where ever we are."

      TW also altered the second chorus (or whatever it might be called to match the way it was sung the first time. Not sure why he did that, but he did and I would rather him have not done that.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an exhausting trip, but I bet you enjoyed it, nonetheless! I hope you were able to get some rest afterwards. Your BOTB result is quite the massacre! At least you saved it from being a shutout. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about embracing a DIY spirit, leveraging technology, and seeking out opportunities for growth and exposure. Frugalish musicians embody the spirit of resourcefulness and determination, inspiring others to pursue their musical dreams on their own terms.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee