This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Could You Replace Air and Water? ( #IWSG )

      Life is amazing.  Every day is another adventure.  As long as I am physically and mentally capable I can always find something to amuse me.  Then there are the things that I sometimes feel compelled to do.  I'd rather keep doing those things...


The Insecure Writer's Support Group


Join us on the first Wednesday of each month in Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group--a forum of writers who gather to talk about writing and the writer's life. For a complete list of participants visit Alex's Blog
     The co-hosts for the  June 7 posting of the IWSG are Patrcia Josephine, Diedre Knight, Olga Godim, J. Lenni Dorner, and Cathrina Constantine!




June 7 question - If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with?


      Probably looking at the way I write these days it might seem like I have quit writing.  Nevertheless I'm at least writing some blog posts and that is writing.  If the question is more specific, like writing stories or books then I'd never stop thinking about doing it.  And most likely if I did totally lose interest in writing then I'd probably replace it with watching television or just doing chores and the like.

      I guess I could do that.  But, nah, I don't think I'd ever absolutely give up on a writing dream and now and then jotting down an idea or posting something on my blog.  It's a habit I guess.

      How about you?




10 comments:

  1. Absolutely. Even if my urge to write became less intense in the future, it's hard to see stopping it altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll always be writing something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always write. Something anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing is one of the best habits a person can have, and I agree...any writing counts and counts big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing is too fun to quit. But, if I had to, I'd probably art instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy writing too much to quiet, especially if it means just doing chores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am quite sure I will always love strawberry ice cream. The same goes for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't give up writing Lee, as you are a great inspiration to us all. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, sorry my above up was annon, have to get used to new settings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Lee for the last two anonymus comments:
    I don't think anyone who has written in the past could ever give up writing....... even if ine has a break for a while.I hope you never give up as you have helped me enorously over the years.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee