This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, May 8, 2023

Singers and Stringers Showdown ( #BOTB Results )

 

       Keeping things short because I've got other more pressing things ahead of me.   I'll be a bit more offline in the coming weeks, but I guess it's like having a month with only one Battle.  My recent internet access issues are going to be increased to a great degree.  Just for a few weeks I think, and then maybe back to a routine.

       Speaking of routine, after a Battle of the Bands post must come....


Battle of the Bands Results

       I know I'm not the only one to have noticed a sparser turnout.  Mine might have been lower since I didn't combine the post with an Insecure Writer's Support Group post so traffic might have been lighter for BOTB.  Or maybe it had something to do with A to Z fatigue.  Or just maybe it's time to round up new followers for the BOTB posts.  Some things to think about I guess.

     In the meantime here's the outcome of the voting, including my own vote for the Swingle Singers....


Final Vote Tally

Swingle Singers       3 votes

40 Fingers               10 votes




Next Battle on Thursday June 1st

    Hopefully I'll manage this.  If I do then I might be a little late coming to your Battles, but I plan to do that.  I'll tell you readers more in June.   For now I'm going to become scarce for a while.  I think so at least.









7 comments:

  1. There are far fewer posts today than normal for a Monday. Possibly A to Z burnout. Although I often see less the week after IWSG post day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEE ~

    This Battle was a lot closer than the final tally would seem to indicate. I really had to do some serious deliberating before casting my vote, and I'll bet plenty of other voters also felt this contest was far from a no-brainer, even though the outcome was pretty lopsided.

    See ya next time.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was right: it was a runaway. Glad I voted for the Swingles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on the winning side. The Swingle Singers are good but I just loved 40 Fingers! Enjoy your down time. I'm gearing up for my summer semi-hiatus. I really need a total break away but can't seem to do that at the moment. Maybe, in time I can take total hiatus. I'll see you in June, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great battle, Lee. I enjoyed ;-) See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the battle:( Sorry to hear you've been having internet access issues. Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee