This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Might As Well Hibernate ( #BOTB Results )

 The way things have been going lately I'm thinking that maybe it would be better to hibernate for the winter.  

Of course, when I'd wake up, things probably wouldn't be much better than they've been.  I'm not really complaining, but I'm just saying.  After all, things could be worse.  And I suppose they will be.  But it's just fine with me.  How about you?


Battle of the Bands Results



Hole in my Pocket Battle

        My most recent Battle was a 3 way featuring different songs with the same title of "Hole in my Pocket" and it was a pretty close outcome.  The two more well-known acts--Sheryl Crow and Europe--were both pretty good by my estimation, but my vote went to the sixties band The Rockets. 

       Those who might recall my musical preferences might have noted that the Rockets song had a very distinctive sound of a rock violinist.  This violinist was Bobby Notkoff, who for many years was an acclaimed classical violin player who turned to rock and roll in the mid-sixties. He played with the early supergroup The Electric Flag before joining up with an L.A. rock band called The Rockets.  This band would later go on to become Crazy Horse, the band that has been Neil Young's back-up band for much of his career.

        I first became aware of Notkoff from Young's Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere album on the song "Running Dry (Requiem for The Rockets)".  Eventually I obtained a copy of The Rockets first and only album which I still have to this day.  Notkoff has also appeared on a number of other albums over the years.

        The Rockets made a respectable showing in this Battle, beating out Europe but falling behind favorite Sheryl Crow by only one vote.  Pretty good outcome this time around.


Final Vote Tally.

The Rockets       5 votes

Sheryl Crow       6 votes

Europe                3 votes


Next Battle of the Bands on Wednesday March 1

       I plan to be back again with another Battle as well as another post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group.  Until that time I'll be thinking about my current computer issues.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll even do something about it all.  That would be nice.




6 comments:

  1. Go ahead and do something. You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl Crow won? 😲 Not my taste, but, so it goes... I hope you find a new computer at a reasonable price.

    P.S. I'll be rejoining BOTB starting March 1, but with a new site I created especially for that. Here's the link: https://botb-by-debbie-d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reporting the outcome. I'm on the winning side this round. I hope you come out on the upside of your computer woes with solution that's right for you. I'll see ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Europe.

    Sometimes you just have to suck it up and upgrade to a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LEE ~

    For a 3-Way, that was actually an excellent outcome. Even your third place competitor got some love.

    And it looks like my surprising vote for Sheryl Crowe gave her the win. Oops!

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great battle, Lee! I actually voted for a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee