This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Sunday, May 1, 2022

>> It's Over ( #BOTB )

 

      It's over!  Another Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is now behind us.  It was a good one and I'll have more to say in an upcoming A to Z Reflections post.  My Challenge theme was all about music and though the Challenge may be over, the music is not.  Now get ready:  Everybody's singing "It's over!"   Turn up the volume and sing along, dance along, groove along, or just join in to enjoy this musical celebration...



Battle of the Bands

        Battle of the Bands is the blogging event started by Far Away Series and now hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands.   This event happens each month on the 15th and on some there is also a Battle on the 1st of the month.  My blog is one of those with a second Battle excepting over these summer months.   The premise is simple:  Listen to the songs presented below and then in the comments vote for your favorite and tell us why you liked it.  Then visit the links listed near the bottom of this post for more Battle action.


Badfinger   "It's Over"  (1971)




Electric Light Orchestra   "It's Over"  (1978)


Level 42    "It's Over"   (1987)



Time to Vote!
        
         Which of these songs do you enjoy the most?   I hope you'll at least give the versions a listen to discern your favorite.   
 Hopefully you have an opinion of some kind.  You don't have to know about music to have an opinion since it all comes down to your own personal taste.

        Please vote on your favorite by letting us know your choice in the comment section and tell us why you prefer the version you chose. Then after you've finished here, please visit the other blogs listed below who may or may not be participating this time around. And if you've put up your own BOTB contest let us know that as well so we can vote on yours.



Here are some other places where you might find BOTB posts:

 StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands

  'MIKE'S RAMBLINGS'

'Curious as a Cathy'

Sound of One Hand Typing

Jingle, Jangle, Jungle 




Winner of this Battle Announced on Monday May 9th
    
          There's an Insecure Writer's Support Group post that will be coming up on this Wednesday May 4th as well as an A to Z Reflections post.  Yeah, I'll be combining these since there's so much going on this coming week.  And they'll be related so might as well combine the posts.  But do come back on May 9th to see who came out on top in the current Battle of the Bands.







 

22 comments:

  1. It ain't over till the FAT LADY sings. And there isn't a fat lady here, so it goes on.

    All these are good, and I love ELO; I possess a number of their CDs and albums. Badfinger is the saddest story in rock. They were a great band and deserved a lot more success and at least a lot less trouble. I am voting for Badfinger this time.

    Sixgun McItchyfinger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6-Gun, Yeah, Badfinger was a great group. At least they left some good albums in their wake.

      Voting starts with Badfinger.]

      Lee

      Delete
  2. ELO's It's Over came out as my high school career ended...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, ELO dominated for a while.

      A vote for ELO.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. LEE ~

    Badfinger definitely had one of the most humorous band names ever. It's easy to see how The Beatles would be inclined to sign such a Beatles-esque band to their Apple label.

    And then of course we have ELO, who were also very much a Beatles-ish sounding band. I never cared for them when I was young, but I appreciate their arrangements more today than yesterday. Still, not a band I was ever tempted to add to my LP or CD collection.

    I don't recall having heard / hearing of Level 42 before, but they definitely did NOT have a Beatles-like sound. Their song wasn't bad but didn't sound like it had a very pronounced melody to me. Kind of a meanderer, melodically, although it's one that could possibly grow on me with repeated playings.

    When it's all said and over with, the 'IT'S OVER' that I liked best of these three was ELO's.

    Over And Out,
    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, when I first saw the Badfinger name I dismissed them until I heard their music and then I was sold.

      I went through a heavy Level 42 rotation phase in the late eighties when I was still on the road. I like their laid back sound.

      Another vote for ELO

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Moonie, thank you for your vote for...

      ELO.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. For me, it is all about ELO. I love them and find them the most original. The next would be Badfinger who created a good song. Level 42 just sounded like many songs from that year so they didn't do much for me. Congrats on finishing the A to Z. I have to catch up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, this seemed like a nice A to Z year. No blogging stress for me.

      A vote for ELO.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed listening to these newly introductions. I'm surprised I didn't know any of them. After listening to all three, I'm going with ELO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I'm also surprised that you didn't at least know Badfinger and ELO, but maybe that was before the time you were listening to a lot of music.

      A vote for ELO.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. Hey Lee, Craig.

    Favorite "It's Over" is still Boz Skaggs, but that isn't the question.

    Of those you chose, I will take Badfinger, they started so strong, and their fame turned bad.

    Was never a really big ELO fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, I was never fanatic about ELO but I always liked their music.

      A vote for Badfinger.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. A clever nod to the end of the April challenge:-) That being said, ELO sounds more like a suitable celebration - I like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, looks like we're on a roll here.

      Another vote for ELO.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. It was a toss up between Badfinger and ELO. In the end, when it was truly over, Badfinger came out on top.

    My vote: Badfinger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary B, a toss up for Tossing It Out.

      A vote for Badfinger.

      lee

      Delete
  10. Absolutely, Level 42. Theirs was nice and mellow....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never liked ELO, and the Badfinger version sounds depressing. That leaves me voting for Level 42, who I never heard of until today. lol

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee