This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Insecure? Write Like It's Going Out of Style ( #IWSG & #AtoZChallenge )


Are you a writer?  Do you feel a bit insecure about your writing?   Maybe you need some writing practice and inspiration...


The Insecure Writer's Support Group

Join us on the first Wednesday of each month in Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group--a forum of writers who gather to talk about writing and the writer's life. For a complete list of participants visit Alex's Blog


The co-hosts for the March 4 posting of the IWSG are Jacqui Murray, Lisa Buie-Collard, Sarah Foster, Natalie Aguirre, and Shannon Lawrence.


       
March 4 question - Other than the obvious holiday traditions, have you ever included any personal or family traditions/customs in your stories?


       A Tradition is Returning!

        I've got nothing in regard to this month's question, but coming soon there is what has become an annual tradition for writers who blog:  The Blogging from A to Z April Challenge!   

         Most of you probably know about the Challenge which involves blogging for 26 days of the month with the daily theme matching that day's letter of the alphabet.  This will be my eleventh year of doing this and many others have likewise done it for many seasons.  That's why it's become a tradition I guess.

        The sign up sheet is now open at the A to Z Blog site. 











23 comments:

  1. Thanks Arlee. Last year was my first. I'm going to be back this time..It was so much fun and I love how it makes my adrenaline flow. See you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, good to see you back with us. I agree that it can be a rather adrenaline pumping experience from a writing standpoint.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. How well I remember the first one Arlee. Looking forward to this one.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, seems like only yesterday (with a decade wedged in between)>

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Have never dared to do A-Z, but I have so much respect for the folks who do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved doing the A-Z Challenge a few years back. I'll be traveling in April so I may not do it this year, but I'll enjoy reading everyone's posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I've done A to Z a few times when I had to travel. I always was able to manage though it was tough at times. Advance preparation helps.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. I participated a couple times, but with so many authors and books for DLP, I just can't do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.Diane, I totally understand--you've got a lot going.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. That's quite the blog hop! Unfortunately, I won't be participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loni, you can still change your mind if you think you can find the time to do it. Sign ups are open until April 5th.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. I'll be at the A to Z this year, but alas only as a mention by another blogger. I miss the hectic fun, but life as I live it today won't give me the opportunity to jump in. Maybe another year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C.Lee, maybe start writing posts months in advance? It's the visiting around that I find most time consuming.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. I admire all the participants. Hard and rewarding challenge I'm sure.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did I A to Z last year for the first time. I liked it but I'm not sure about this year again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really late in my A to Z preparations this year, but I came up with a great theme for my main blog today and put together my list of topics. Now to start gathering photos. I also decided on a theme for my names blog today. As usual, there will be wildcard days when there are no names in that language starting with that letter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on eleven years of A to Z! 🥂 Four years in a row was enough for me, but I wish everyone participating a successful challenge. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You are a true Veteran! I've only done it for a couple of years and then dropped out of the writing world and now am chicken about it. I do have fond memories for sure!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree. I had a hard time coming up with a tradition myself. I admire your writing drive for the A to Z challenge. I wish you much luck this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lee - I may join in this year ... but thanks for the reminder ... those early days were great fun - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee