This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11: An Eventful Day

        And what could be more eventful than a major book release.  What book?  Do I really need to tell you since it's all over the place.  But I'll tell you anyway.  Today is THE day to help Jessica Bell's debut, STRING BRIDGE, hit the bestseller list on Amazon, and receive the all-original soundtrackMelody Hill: On the Other Sidewritten and performed by the author herself, for free!



All you have to do is
purchase the
book today (paperback, or eBook), November 11th, and
then email the receipt to:


jessica.carmen.bell(at)gmail(dot)com


She will
then email you a link to download the album at no extra cost!

To purchase the paperback:

To purchase the eBook:

To listen to samples of the soundtrack, visit iTunes.




If you are
not familiar with String Bridge,
check out the book trailer:



Rave Reviews for String Bridge:

Jessica Bell’s STRING BRIDGE strummed the fret of my
veins, thrummed my blood into a mad rush, played me taut until the final page,
yet with echoes still reverberating. A rhythmic debut with metrical tones of
heavied dark, fleeting prisms of light, and finally, a burst of joy—just as
with any good song, my hopeful heartbeat kept tempo with Bell’s narrative.
~ Kathryn Magendie, author of Sweetie and Publishing Editor of Rose & Thorn Journal

“Poet and
musician Jessica Bell's debut novel String Bridge
is a rich exploration of desire, guilt, and the
difficult balancing act of the modern woman. The writing is lyrical throughout,
seamlessly integrating setting, character and plot in a musical structure that
allows the reader to identify with Melody's growing insecurity as her world
begins to unravel …
String Bridge is
a powerful debut from a promising writer, full of music, metaphor, and just a
hint of magic.” ~ Magdalena Ball, author of Repulsion
Thrust
and Sleep Before Evening

Jessica Bell is a brilliant writer
of great skill and depth.
She doesn't pull back from the difficult
scenes, from conflict, pain, intensity. She puts it all out there, no holds
barred, no holding back. She knows how to craft a scene, how to develop
character, how to create suspense. This is an absolutely brilliant debut novel.
I look forward to reading her
next novel, and next and next.” 
~ Karen Jones
Gowen, author of Farm Girl, Uncut Diamonds and House of Diamonds

Please TWEET and/or FACEBOOK this post using #StringBridge!


       Okay now let's get busy and buy some books so you can tell people that you know a best selling author!




        Scheduled for next Wednesday November 16th!!!  
 I'll have a very special guest post especially for all of you NaNoWriMo writers.    Lani Diane Rich holds the honor of being the first unpublished author to have her NaNo novel published.  Her novel Time Off for Good Behavior was written in the NaNo event of 2003 and scored her an agent and a two book deal with Warner Books.   She's published seven novels since that first success, including two more written during NaNo--proof that NaNo can result in product that doesn't end up on the shelf in the closet.  Lani will be providing some encouragement and inspiration as we head to the downhill side of November.  Don't miss this extra special visit from Lani Diane Rich.




.
Enhanced by Zemanta

26 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You're awesome. Thank you so much for helping me plug this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Jess for such a great release! I'll tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really will have to do my best to try and purchase this, I bet it's a great read. Congratulations on your release Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica is everywhere! Love it :)

    Looking forward to Lani's post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for Jessica! I have RaShelle Workman as a guest today, but I am Tweeting the chart rush. And just wait until you hear the CD. My review and an interview with Jessica go up next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica -- No, you're awesome. I just wish I could have done a better job of plugging this for you.

    Talli - She's a wonder girl eh?

    Ciara -- At the end of the day Jessica's going to be all over the place.

    Matthew -- Spread the news.

    Jemi--I'm looking forward to Lani's post as well. I need some NaNo inspiration.

    Alex -- I like what I've heard from the CD so far.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have said on so many sites Good Luck Jessica you deserve all the success your book is going to be,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the trailer! Congratulations on such a special launch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're always so generous and helpful to others with your blog --so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Jessica. I have seen this everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like others, I've seen this everywhere this morning. Way to go, blog buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm plugging Jessica's novel, too. And I'm also looking forward to Lani Rich.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yvonne -- I agree!

    C.Lee -- Some great music in her trailer.

    Kelly -- Other bloggers have been good to me as well.

    Suze -- Jessica's done a great job in organizing her book launch.

    Paula -- Very interesting indeed!

    LD -- Great community we are in.

    Ann-- I am looking forward to Lani as well. I'm also looking forward to your guest spot on Wrote by Rote tomorrow.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. i might have to buy this book! I am really trying to force myself to get into reading again this might be the book to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Australia and Greece. Who knew you could get this in one novel. I'll check out the song on iTunes and I done tweeted it! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Lani ended up with a book deal and wrote 7 more after NaNo! Way to go, and what an inspiration. I hope lots of others will follow in her footsteps. Go, NaNo writers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy to see all the support our community gives to each other. You and Alex are a huge part of that and I am ever so grateful to have crossed paths with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Free music?!?! I just can't resist an offer like that! I'm going to go buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 11/11/11 has to be the coolest day to have a launch party! Yay, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LaVie -- I hope you bought it.

    Maurice -- I'm sure Jessica appreciates the tweet.

    Li -- Yeah, Lani has a pretty cool NaNo story and I look forward to her post.

    Melissa -- Thank you for that kind comment. That support goes both ways and I appreciate yours as well.

    Trisha -- Not often a book comes with a soundtrack.

    Sharon -- Breaking out on this day was a brilliant marketing strategy.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to Jessica...she is amazing! I am looking forward to the interview on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS on the book release.

    Love your blog sub-header title.

    New Follower....stopping by to look around.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so happy for her, hitting the bestselling list! Woot!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee