This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Whew! Now That We've Got That Behind Us...

       Hope everyone started the holiday season off with a great Thanksgiving.  Now's the time when things really ramp up for many of us.   December is shaping up to be busy on the blogs as well as in our daily lives.

Battle of the Bands



         If you missed my Battle of the Bands match-up scroll down to my post from yesterday December 1 to vote on your favorite version of "The Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah.   Winning version will be announced this coming Friday.





50 States of Pray



Aloha! Mark Koopmans... is hosting the 50 State of Pray  sign up open today at Mark's blog.

If interested, please join the Linky List and then on Christmas Eve, take a moment, (and in about 100 words), share a prayer, a thought, a memory, a hope, a regret about the past and/or a wish for the future.




Roast Me!

Coming December 9th!       By all means don't forget to join in the roasting of the Bird next Monday.   Now you can get revenge, poke fun, or show how much you care about yours truly. Find out more here.  If you haven't done so yet, sign up on the Linky List below:





----
 More To Come!

          Got something exciting to be announced on December 16th.   This will be something that many of you will find very helpful and hopefully fun.  Stay tuned!

          How's the weather where you are?   Are you ready for upcoming holidays?    What do you have in store for 2014?

Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. Not going to lie Lee, I can't wait for the roast, it's going to be absolutely quality, really looking forward to it, nice little round up post about what's going on around here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a relaxing Thanksgiving.
    Ready to roast next week and then pray after that. Hmm, I think those were planned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planned, schmanned :)

    Thanks for the shout out, Lee and I'm soooo looking forward to next Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a very nice Thanksgiving with family, then got decorated for Christmas. Ready for the holidays mentally - have no shopping done yet - but I'm okay with that (today's post). Weather is chilly (28 this morning on my walk with the dog at 5:30) but clear. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I missed a lot this past month. You're an excellent choice for the Cheers Fest, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to look over those roasting rules again and see if my creative process has been working on my back burner.

    Congrats again, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished decorating and I feel like I've been beat to hell. And also it feels like I just put the dang things away too. No plans for the holidays that I know of yet. Just spending time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not ready for the holidays at all yet, but I always put shopping off to the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lee,

    Hope they don't overcook you… LOL.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

    Looking forward to you news… Very intriguing…

    YAY for Mark… already signed up, but I seem to not me on your list… hmmmmm. A real mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't had time to go back Lee. However, wanted to comment that I would never have thought of the Hallelujah chorus because in the UK it was only ever played at Easter and even after 38 years, I do not associate it with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to finding out what your upcoming news is. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weather couldn't be better here in sunny AZ. Yes, busy, but positively wonderful holidays. Here's wishing you the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I 'm getting excited for your roast, and looking forward to your big announcement Lee!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all of your comments. Not much to say in response other than that.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee