Something's going to change on this blog. I don't know exactly what, but I have been tossing around some ideas. Tossing It Out has been changing since it's inception and that's normal and that's a good thing. Since the A to Z Challenge I have been seriously reassessing this blog and how it relates to my life, which is something I have been seeing with many other bloggers as well. I do not plan to blog any less days--I am still aiming toward daily blogging until September 21. The way I blog may change.
One change coming up this week will be a switch from music to movies. Some of you may be saying, "Thank you!". If you've had enough music already, I'm still not done. There is a bit more music coming so I can get it out of my system on this blog for a while. But Monday I will be contributing my list to Alex J. Cavanaugh's Movie Dirty Dozen Blogfest -- twelve of my favorite movies. Hope you'll check 'em out and let me know what you think. And I'll busy all day checking up on all of the other lists. This should be fun.
During the rest of the week I'll be looking at some of the movies I didn't put on the first list. And there will be a lot of them. For one thing, on my Dirty Dozen list I'm not going to include anything less than twenty years old. That really leaves it open for some great movies to be left off the Dirty Dozen list. My reasoning in taking this approach is that some things need to stand the test of time. If it still impacts me after twenty years then it is a film of merit--a classic. That's the way I approached by favorite album list for the most part and when you're older like me this method works just fine.
I hope you are going to participate in the Movie Blogfest so we can all share in the experience. And if you don't contribute I hope you'll check out mine and tell me what you think.
....but back to this change thing. And this has nothing to do with Obama or anything political. This has to do with Tossing It Out. I want to hear your opinion. Is there anything you'd like to see me change on this blog? What can I do better? What do you want to see me get rid of? I'm going to change things, but I don't want to lose readers. I want to gain more readers. Can you make a suggestion that might make more people want to read and interact with this blog? Are you making any changes on your blog?
And Now, time for an award:
This award was given to me by Swimmer at Books, Writing, and More, Oh My! .
Since I received this award I have to do a few things. Here are the award "rules":
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award (as I said this came from the fabulous blog, Swimmer at Books, Writing, and More, Oh My!)
2. Share seven things about yourself (look below)
3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (Since this can be very time consuming I'm not going to check and see whoever already has this, or try to be extraordinarily discriminate, or even give it too much thought-- and as always if you feel like I should have passed this on to you, then feel free to take it and then follow these instructions).
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award (I'm going to change this rule for me. I'm not going to contact 15 people--if I come up with that many. If you see it, you got it. If you missed it, well that's life. Sorry, don't mean to sound callous or anything but I'm running out of time here.)
Seven things about me:
1. I like change.
2. I used to change my kids diapers sometimes (I don't like that kind of change)
3 I've never changed horses in the middle of a stream (not literally at least)
4. I usually signal when I change lanes on the highway.
5. I'm not afraid to change my mind if I see my plan is not the best.
6. I often carry a lot of change in my pocket.
7. My blog is going to change--stay tuned.
I bestow this award upon the following:
1. Yvonne Welcome to My World of Poetry -- she always gets my awards and she is very versatile.
2. L. Diane Wolfe at Spunk on a Stick
3, Alex J. Cavanaugh
4. Glen's Blog Spot
5. Gregg at Gospel Driven Disciples
6. Wolfie at Writer Person
7. Trudy at Third Time's a Charm
8. Ocean Girl
9. Carol at Under the Tiki Hut
10. Jemi at Just Jemi
11. 1 Wasabi Mommy
12. Ruby at Blabbin' Grammy
13. Rotten With Images
14. Sig at Beadedbear's Nonsense and Complete Waste of Time
15. Ellie at Ella's Edge