Time--2017 A to Z Theme
My theme for the 2017 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is "Time". The posts will be more philosophical, contemplative, and even autobiographical than instructional. No time management tips planned, but you never know with A to Z.
Always a work in progress--welcome to my blog...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Some Things About Me
On Wednesdays I try to do an interview or a story about a person. Well, lately it's been all about me. So I'll stay on this ego trip and accept a couple of awards which require me to reveal more about me.
Me, me, me--oh well, I'm not the only one.
Thank you Lindsey from Dangerous With A Pen for this OVER THE TOP award. You've probably seen this one by now. I've got a list of short questions to answer with just one word (i'll try my best but if I don't manage you'll understand I guess). So let's see what I can come up with.
Your Cell Phone? neglected
Your Hair? Scarce
Your Mother? Dancer
Your Father? Remembered
Your Favorite Food? everchanging
Your Dream Last Night? embarassing
Your Favorite Drink? water
Your Dream/Goal? Heaven
What Room Are You In? Office
Your Hobby? Collecting
Your Fear? Chenille
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? Somewhere
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something That You Aren't? Angry
Muffins? Tim Horton
Wish List Item? Publication
Where Did You Grow Up? America (moved around a lot)
Last Thing You Did? Googled
What Are You Wearing? Sweats
Your TV? Off
Your Pets? Wife (just kidding, Betty! and don't anyone tell her that I said that)
Your Life? Blessed
Your Mood? Content
Missing Someone? Daughters
Something You Aren't Wearing? Gloves
Your Favorite Store? Ralph's
Your Favorite Color? Blue
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Tonight
Last Time You Cried? Last Friday (darn chick flicks!)
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Home
Favorite Place To Eat? Sutha Thai
And now another grand award!!!!
KarenG over at Coming Down The Mountain was kind enough to bestow this cool honesty award upon me. Rules are to reveal ten honest things about myself
Here's my Honest Scrap:
1. My mother tried to enroll me in dance lessons when I was about 5 but I cried and begged her to let me leave.
2. I tried to enroll in a tap dancing class when I was 25 and the teacher kind of suggested that I should leave cause I was a klutz on my feet (well, maybe she didn't exactly say it that way, but I know she was thinking it.
3. In 1974, I began walking to California from East Tennessee.
4. Once I wandered in the mountains of East Tennessee for a week after I changed my mind and decided not to walk to California.
5. In 1978 in Huntington, WV, I ate dinner with Rudy Vallee (if you aren't familiar with him check him out on Google).
6. I did not attend my high school prom or senior banquet--I was not very participatory in school, although I made pretty good grades.
7. The first vehicle I ever owned was a multi-color painted and primered hippie-type van with wood panelling and carpet inside. I have no recollection as to what the make was. I sold that van so I could walk to California.
8. Besides collecting stamps when I was a kid, I also collected postcards.
9. I've visited the Stuhr Museum in Grand Island, Nebraska at least 5 times and always got an Original Runza Sandwich when I've been in Grand Island (you can find info about both on Google).
10. Among my favorite concerts that I've attended was Murray Maclaughlin in Toronto, Ontario. I never could understand why he never got more appreciated in the U.S.
Okay that's it about me and now here's where I fall short on my duties. It's late, I'm tired, and I've been so busy recently I don't have time to see who hasn't received these awards yet, so I'm going to go the lazy man's route and say if you are reading this and haven't been given one or both of these awards then you may take them from here. Just remember to say so in your blog post and reply in my comments that you have done it so I can credit you on my blog later. Hope you don't mind me doing it this way.