This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, October 7, 2024

What Time Is It? ( #BOTB Results )

     I feel like I have so many projects that I'd like to tackle that it gets difficult to focus on just one at a time.  Guess that's why I seem to get so little done.  And then there's all the daily chores that take up a lot of my time.  By the way, dinner will be around 4:30 PM.  Tonight, we're having pinto beans with Cajun sausage...

Battle of the Bands Results


Night and Day

     My most recent Battle saw the venerable Rod Stewart go up against the oft-despised Bono and his group U2. Stewart played it safe with his traditional take on the Cole Porter standard. I can't help but like the backing band and the arrangement of Stewart's version and I'm even okay with his gravelly vocals.  That's the Rod Stewart I "grew up" with.

     On the other hand, Bono takes a rather daring approach that appeals to me. I can hear the pretentiousness that some of you hear, but I just think that's part of the U2 style. I still remember. watching the TV concert at Red Rocks special they did in the eighties and I've liked them ever since. That's who I'm voting for.

      I figured this would be a tight Battle since I know so many of my readers have a distaste for U2 and would go for the more traditional sound of Rod Stewart.  Me?  I like them both, but in this case I just like that U2 sound better.

Final Vote Tally

Rod Stewart      5 votes

U2                    10 votes 


       Well, what about that?  I expected a closer race and wasn't sure about the outcome.  

        I plan to be back for an October 15th Battle and who knows what else.  See you when...

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee