This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Cherry Picking Time ( #BOTB Results )

 

       Still looking for my fix of cherry flavors.  I've been having to settle for cherry coke, but that's fine.  While I search for some cherry for me, here's some cherry results for you...




Battle of the Bands Results



            My most recent Battle was a showdown between Tommy James and the Shondells (which most of you knew) and The Good Rats (which is a much lesser known band), each with their own "cherry" flavored song.  I like TJ's "Sweet Cherry Wine" much better now than when it originally came out--especially knowing what the song is about.  I always liked the song, but it struck me as light pop and not as edgy as what I was mostly listening to back then.  And even though I like the James song better now, this was not my vote.

          The Good Rats have long been a favorite band of mine and to me the song "Cherry River" is one of their best.  I can remember so many late night drives when I'd have this song cranked up on my van stereo.  Seems like the appropriate kind of song on occasions such as that.  So, as I'm sure you can guess, my vote goes to The Good Rats, who in this case were good, but not good enough for the win.


Final Vote Tally

Tommy James    8 votes

Good Rats          4 votes

******************

Next Battle ????

       Since I've got an especially busy schedule over the next few weeks I'm not going to commit to any Battle until July 1st.  If I can manage, I'll try to visit everyone else's Battles.  I'll probably have very little access to being on line for most of June.  So, see you when things get back to normal.  Or kind of normal...



5 comments:

  1. The outcome was as it should be. But then, of course, that's merely my own opinion, and I've been wrong before.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, there is a government study costing millions that tries to see what this opinion thing is all about--at least I'm pretty sure that kind of study must exist. They try to explain everything else with our tax dollars. At least that's my opinion.

      Lee

      Delete
    2. Hey, according to Uncle Scam, anything that can drain off our wealth via wasting taxpayers' dollars is a worthy cause. And, no, they're not just being stupid; they know exactly what they're doing and they do it by deliberate design.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee