This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Oh Baby! Who Won the Battle? ( #BOTB Results )

 

    Tuesday:  The trash trucks came by today.  For a while I watered my lawn.  I had a Stouffers frozen dinner for supper.  All in all it was a decent day.  I'm glad I lived it.  And now for the news...


Battle of the Bands Results



     Here's the results of my most recent "You Baby" Battle:

Final Vote Tally

Lovin Spoonful    6 votes

The Turtles         10 votes


Next Battle on Friday December 1

     My November schedule is pretty busy in the coming weeks.  I probably won't be doing much in the way of blogging activity, but I'll try to visit any midmonth Battles that I see.   Have a nice Thanksgiving!





10 comments:

  1. We'll see you when we see you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good battle, Lee! I was on the winning side. Yay! I hear you on being busy. I think we're all in the same boat. I have posts scheduled but how interactive I will be is uncertain.

    My battle outcome is now available. Y'all Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific battle, Lee. I like the results, too ;-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent battle with a satisfying outcome! ☺ Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two enjoyable songs and a real nice voter turnout. All in all, a real good Battle, Lee. (Did you cast a vote in this one? I didn't see where you mentioned having voted.)

    Catch ya again in the next one, Brother.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, oh yeah, I forgot to mention my vote which I did however add to the tally. I figured I'd be voting for the Turtles since that's the song I already knew and loved, but then after several listens the Lovin Spoonful won me over.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. Your post is a masterpiece—brilliant, insightful, and thoroughly engaging. Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks, it weren't nuttin'.
      Think nuttin' of it. Helck, anyone coulda dun it.

      But ain't you sweet fer mention'n it!
      You may bow down now and kiss my...
      ...uhm... shoelaces.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      (a.k.a. R. Lee Byrd)

      Delete
  7. Lee, I wanted to drop by to say I hope you and the wife have a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving, my friend! God's blessings to you always!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee