This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Still Going! ( #IWSG )

 

         Gosh!  We've been at this blogging thing a while now haven't we.  I started up my blog in 2009 and not long after that I joined in with Alex and the crowd doing The Insecure Writer's Support Group. Yes, still plugging away at it...



The Insecure Writer's Support Group


Join us on the first Wednesday of each month in Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group--a forum of writers who gather to talk about writing and the writer's life. For a complete list of participants visit Alex's Blog
     The co-hosts for theSeptember 6 posting of the IWSG are Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah - The Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James.





September 6 question - The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you?



          I've been here from the beginning.  Since Alex had been one of my earliest  blogging buddies and had been such a big part of helping me get the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge off the ground, when he started #IWSG I was more than willing to get on board.  I don't remember missing any posts, but I've always been here in spirit at least.  And my memory seems to be a bit faulty at times.  I do know that I found IWSG through my association Alex and I've been around since then.

         Congratulations for making this thing grow like it has over that past decade plus.  May there many productive years ahead.

         For me it's good to stay in touch with the community in which I've been a part of since my blogging beginnings.  IWSG is a great way to do it.  These days I don't spend as much time on computer as I did when my old computer was operational.  These days I have to share a computer.

        Besides, to a great extent I cut way back on my writing a few years ago. Not due to any insecurity in regard to writing, but mostly a change in the focus of my life.  Writing remains somewhere in my future I'm fairly certain, but for present I'm diverted.  

         Whatever it is, it's all fine with me.

         And IWSG--I plan to stick around.



       Hope you can take a listen to my current Battle of the Bands post and read about some music that my father truly abhorred.  See what other readers think about my "juggling music".   

        






       

24 comments:

  1. You've been there since the beginning and I appreciate that. Cool the A to Z Challenge is still going as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I'm kind of here, but the blog events are big enough to sustain.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I like touching base with those in the writing community and other blogs that I visited way back in the day. Part of my recent years of not commenting on yours is that for some reason I can't publish my comment. It's blogger, and I'm not sure why but has something to do with embedded comment boxes. As I write this, I realize I might not get it published.

    Also, I've appreciated the A-Z of which I would like to participate again if I can get my commenting thing fixed.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, I'm not sure what's going on with your commenting situation. Your comment showed up here with no problem. Hope you can find a way to participate in the next A to Z.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I usually only post for the IWSG, so it keeps me connected, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.Diane, these blogging events are great for staying connected if even only a little bit.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. As much as Alex for the IWSG, you deserve kudos for the A-Z Challenge too. It was also crucial in forging connections early in my blogging and just general inspiration. And it was there I met Alex and learnt of IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, thank you for your acknowledgement of A to Z. I think A to Z helped a lot of us to connect and grow our blogs.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Incredible that you've been writing this blog since 2009! Very impressive. I've started and stopped writing many times. I've lately been on a roll with my new blog which I'm very happy about. Your posts and dedication to the craft show what's possible!

    Joaquin from Find Meaning in Adversity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joaquin, I wish I had the same passion for blogging as I did early on. Or better yet, I'd just like to have a fire burning for writing. Best of luck with your blogging future.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. I've only been posting once a month for IWSG too. To stay in touch with the community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lidy, in my first year of blogging I was posting every day. Now I have to really push myself to put together a post. I need to stay connected with the community, but it can be difficult for me.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. You were one of the first people I visited online when I started blogging and became associated with, first, the AtoZ, and then IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C.Lee, yes, I remember. There is a core of us who have been hanging in there for a good while. Congratulations!

      Lee

      Delete
  8. Hi Mr A to Z!
    I think I discovered the IWSG via the A to Z Challenge, then Alex asked me to join the admin team, and the rest is history!
    I do miss the A to Z Challenge...
    Happy IWSG Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, IWSG is so intertwined with A to Z that either way could be possible. Thanks for helping out with IWSG. Join us for A to Z next year!

      Lee

      Delete
  9. Arlee - you are the reason I think I found IWSG. Your A to Z challenge helped me find my way into the blogging world, and I am thankful for all of your kindness and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your A-to Z is how I met Alex. You've helped so many bloggers get into this form of promotion. Great on you, Arlee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats on being with the IWSG for so long! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to learn that you plan to stick around, Arlee! I've seen a number of references to you and the A-Z Challenges as I visit posts today. We all have different seasons in our lives, and it's okay to take a time out from writing. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys started such a strong blogging community. I hope that it will live on for decades in whatever form humans use in years to come.

    The IWSG is celebrating 12 years today, which is so amazing for a blogging community of writers. A dozen years of support! 🎉
    "The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library." – Albert Einstein quote
    September is library card sign-up month! Get one, use one, and be grateful such places exist.

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is amazing that it's been 12 years...and makes it hit how fast time flies. Life ebbs and waves in changing directions, but the contacts remain close at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Arlee!
    My experience is much like C Lee's. I first found and followed you, which led me to IWSG and A - Z April Challenges. So, thanks, Lee. You and Alex are absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am at split purposes where writing is taking a back seat. But I hope one day it will get more focus than it has. But I do not wish for it to be my whole life as it was for so many years. I'm ok with it just being a mistress. www.heidiangell.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee