This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, November 8, 2019

End of the Road Battle ( #BOTB Results )




Not much to say today so I won't say much except who won the Battle of the Bands....





Battle of the Bands Results



         My most recent Battle was between two versions of a song called "Road to Cairo" which was written by David Ackles who was also the first contender.  The second version was by Julie Driscoll backed by Brian Auger and the Trinity. 

         As some of you also said, it was a close choice.  I would have been fine with either as a winner and at first it was a real horse race.  My vote for David Ackles didn't affect the win much as he clearly was the front runner with no help from me...

Final Vote Tally

David Ackles                 13 votes

Brian Auger & Co.           8 votes




Next Battle on Friday November 15th

       I'm not writing any novel, but I've got plenty to keep me busy!  How about you?








8 comments:

  1. I'm busy! Come on over and see how busy I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't pick the winner this time . still, you can't win them all Lee.
    Happy weekend.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Request from the local hospital, so knitting trauma teddies for children in the wards. Worthwhile and makes a change from writing novels 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always plenty to do around here, offline. Trouble is, I can't lick this internet/blogosphere addiction! ☺ The winner is not a surprise; such a beautiful rendition! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a pretty good Battle, LEE.

    If someone had told me beforehand that I'd vote AGAINST Brian Auger in a BOTB installment, I'd have said they were loony tunes!

    ~ Stephen
    DogGtor of Alcohology &
    King of Inebriation Nation

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to write a novel, but I've got too much keeping me busy too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee