This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Sorry I'm Late (#BOTB results)









     Sorry, I'm late posting, but I've got a good excuse.  I've been in the hospital since Tuesday right before I was getting ready to prepare this post.  They've been running tests with some consultation to come later and maybe more tests.  I'm not sure of the problem yet, but I do feel fine and would like nothing more than to be at home with all those comforts and taking time to make blog rounds, etc.

      I had a lot I wanted to say for this post, but I guess it was not meant for me to say so I'm keeping it very short.  (I can hear a collective sigh of "thanks!")

My Vote
      In my previous Battle using the Justin Bieber song "Sorry", I liked both versions a great deal.  Both are winners in my view as both versions have strong points in favor of picking either.

        My final decision came with listening to both versions in surround sound watching them on my home theater set up.  The intricacy and amazing talent of the Nor'easters inclined my vote toward them.  I listened to all versions many times and was increasingly drawn to the college group for my vote.

        The victory was overwhelmingly on the other side's favor which is fine too.


Final Vote Tally:

Nor'easters                   8 votes

Postmodern Jukebox     23 votes




Next Battle on Wednesday June 15th

         I won't say much about that now other than the post will be somewhat a continuation of my most recent theme, but I promise there will be no Justin Bieber songs involved but the song I'll be using uses (steals?) a musical phrase from a piece by Tchaikovsky.  It could be considered a worse offense than the musical "stealing" Bieber is accused with.  Personally I don't have a problem with this.  I might add that the next song I'll be using is old, a popular tune with many covers available, and somewhat of a jazz standard.  Be here to find out what I'm talking about. 






28 comments:

  1. Feel better and take care of yourself. Prarers for you are included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are fine, as do we all. There has been quite a bit of concern behind the scenes for you, Lee! Prayers are included... as FAE says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon, Lee, from whatever has put you in the hospital. Yikes that is never a choice we willingly make unless we have to. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure do hope you feel better soon and the tests determine what's wrong (nothing serious!) so that you can be "straightened out" and put to rights. Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling okay, but spending time in the hospital is always worrisome. Sending positive thoughts and best wishes your way!

    Looks like this was a resounding victory for Postmodern Jukebox. Nice to be on the winning side, here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you feel ok now and that you went to the hospital to make sure your health will get looked at and get fixed. It is always a pain, in more way than one, when the Dr's can't find out what is going on. I am looking forward to your next pick and this last one was a blow ou but still fun...they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the lame excuses...Stephen T. had texted me a few times-he was worried about your absence. I was so late coming back to a couple of your comments that it was not until I got his text that I realized you'd been AWAL and I was concerned as well.

    Glad you feel ok, and be sure to study for those tests, now!

    I hope the tests come back negative, although I always thought that a doctor telling me the test came back "negative" sounded like a bad thing.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Lee!

    Gosh, I am very sorry to learn that you needed to go to the hospital. I wish you the best, good buddy. Get well soon. Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged. (Get on home.)

    I see that PM Jukebox won the battle by a 3 to 1 ratio. That's AOK because both versions were worth hearing and you had an excellent voter turnout as usual.

    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, good buddy Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers and positive vibes for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a purgatory zone after having tests and finding out results. Stay solid, stay positive, listen to lots of music.
    I don't like Justin Bieber. He broke all the hearts of my gr-daughter's 3rd grade girl friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lee - I do hope they can work out what's wrong and help you recover, even though you say you feel fine - take care and all the very best - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee, am so sorry you are not well, it goes without saying that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Having met you personally you are a special friend. Hope the tests will be ok and you will soon be home with your family.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you had to spend time in the hospital! Hope that the test results are okay, and that you feel better soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you nothing but the best of health. Take care - which I guess if you're in the hospital, they are taking good care! Listen to your doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. >>...I had a lot I wanted to say for this post, but I guess it was not meant for me to say so I'm keeping it very short. (I can hear a collective sigh of "thanks!")

    God has spoken!
    He said: "You best be liebing it alone!"

    (Link...>>) LETTER TO LEE

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopped by to see what's going on! Sorry to see that you were needing to get tests done. Hope everything turns out great! Thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. May you get home soon! We always feel better at home anyway, don't we? My thoughts are with you.
    Good battle, by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope that you are on the mend. My prayers are headed your way, Arlee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are OK Lee!!!!! Take care of yourself and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sorry to hear you havent been well. I do hope that they get the tests all sorted and get things figured out for you. Not to worry - I have the Bieber happening in my June 15 battle, so we've got this covered ;)

    Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whatever the ailment is, hope they get you cleared up real soon. As always, you will be prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear that you're in the hospital Lee! Hope you feel better real soon and get back home!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever ails you, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Lee! I've been keeping up on your status by reading Mr. Stephen T's blog. He's an awesome guy, isn't he? Hope you're feeling better and better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope everything's cool and you're home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My thanks to all of you for thinking of me and especially your prayers. I'm home and will address things on my Monday post.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lee, so glad to know you're home. I also read your comments on Stephen T's blog. I'm a new follower of yours...at least I think I am. I've had trouble lately with the Google Friend Connect thing. I DID click on your New Followers Click Here Please, too. You can get to my blog by clicking on my picture here in your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee