This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, January 27, 2014

THE DAY IS HERE!


     
      Several of you have been asking and many have waited in anticipation.  The countdown to April has begun!   You'll find the sign up list for the 2014 edition of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge at the bottom of the page.  But before you rush down to add your link to the list let me indulge your patience a bit.

        We have a new A to Z Team for 2014!

         Half of the old team is back.  You probably know them already, but here is the veteran team line-up:

Nicole Ayers


Arlee Bird 
Tossing it Out http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/ (I have a few other blogs as well)

Damyanti Biswas
Writing on Writing: Amlokiblogs http://amloki.blogspot.com/


Alex J. Cavanaugh (self-titled blog)

Tina Downey

Jeremy Hawkins

Stephen Tremp

         Now meet our new Team additions:

Heather Gardner
The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Teresa (MJ) Joachim
M.J Joachim's Writing Tips http://mjjoachim.blogspot.com/ (she has several other blogs as well)

AJ Lauer


"Pammy Pam" Margolis (online, but will also answer to Pam)
An Unconventional Librarian www.unconventionallibrarian.com/

      Be sure to stop by to visit all the co-hosts to introduce yourself and don't forget to follow each of them.  We will all have A to Z information appearing on our own blogs until April.   Of course you will want to be sure to visit the Blogging From A to Z Blog on a regular basis to stay in touch with what's happening.

Just One More Thing:

       The co-hosts will be calling out for helpers again this year to make our job easier and help those who volunteer to get more name recognition and perhaps a spot on next year's team.   Some of the co-hosts already have their auxiliary teams formed.  Some of us still need help.  If you are interested in being part of the effort to work behind scenes let me know in the comments.  I still need some helpers as do some other co-hosts.   Just let me know.

And now for the official announcement and sign up!!!!!

Please read and follow the sign-up instructions outlined below so you sign onto the list correctly!   

The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, the A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays (we get those off for good behavior.) And since there are 26 days, that matches the 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on. You can use a theme for the month or go random – just as long as it matches the letter of the alphabet for the day.

We recommend short posts, turn off Word Verification, and visit five blogs (or more) a day beginning with the one after yours on the list.

To streamline legitimate blogs from advertisement blogs, the Co-Hosts will be visiting each blog on this list throughout the Challenge. Blogs on the list showing no activity once the Challenge starts will be removed.

There are categories for those looking for like-minded blogs. Select ONE category code and enter it after your blog’s title/name. The code applies to your blog, not your theme for the Challenge and is purely optional. However, if your blog has adult content, you MUST mark it (AC) or it will be removed from the list. Codes are as follows:

1. WRITING: (WR)
2. BOOKS: (BO)
3. FILM: (FM)
4. PHOTOGRAPHY: (PH)
5. GARDENING: (GR)
6. CRAFT: (CR)
7. ART: (AR)
8. MUSIC: (MU)
9. CULINARY: (CU)
10. LIFESTYLE: (LI )
11. FASHION: (FA)
12. PERSONAL: (PR)
13. SOCIAL MEDIA: (SO)
14. GAMING: (GA)
15. EDUCATION: (ED)
16. POLITICS: (PO)
17. HISTORY: (HI)
18. SCIENCE: (SC)
19. HUMOR: (HU)
20. TRAVEL: (TR)
21. MISCELLANEOUS: (MI)
22. ADULT CONTENT: (AC)

Be sure to grab the badge and display it in your sidebar so we know you are participating and link to the 
A to Z Blog.  (http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/)

For more information we recommend you follow the A to Z Challenge Blog and the hosts:

Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

email address is infoatoz2014@gmail.com,
and the Twitter hashtag is #AtoZChallenge.

Sign up below and join us for a month of alphabet fun!

****

********
       Anything you fully don't understand?   Got any questions about sign-ups or the Challenge itself?   Feel free to ask in the comments or just tell us what's on your mind.


Enhanced by Zemanta

32 comments:

  1. Wonderful team this year! Good luck, guys, and welcome to the new co-hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be part of the team! Thanks, Lee! Looking forward to another great year with the Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our new team is UH-mazing. I like how you did this intro, boss man. Classy.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, another year, and another thanks to you. Thank you for creating this challenge, and thanks again for asking me to co-host when I was a noob-- hope I haven't made you regret it down the years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! Can't believe it's coming up on A to Z time already.

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to be a part of this team! I've enjoyed my years as participant and minion. Co-host will be epic!
    Thanks for the opportunity!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall be reading the participants this year as I need more blogs to follow. My list, while filled with talent, is getting short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! This is my favorite blogging activity all year! You told me to slow down and read... and I did, and yet I forgot my (MI) after my name. *face palm*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to any and all who participate! We could never pull this off with what we do, so we'll gladly be spectators rather than scratch out crappy, half-assed cartoons once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great day... busy day, i have been playing in the updates from 2013 to 2014... i am like the phantom of the opera... hear my theme.

    Minions argh, that is on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The A to Z challenge grows with every year. That is so exciting. I'm hoping to participate in a group effort this year. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arleeeeeee *whines*, the Linky tool thingy isn't working for me... is it just me? Anyone else complained about it not working? I mean, far be it from me to whine ... *whining*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! I'm new here and to this whole blogging thing, and I just signed on for the A To Z Challenge. I hope to have fun and meet new people.
    leelyonsauthentic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited! All signed up, the button's on my blog, and I have a vague notion of a theme for this year's posts. Thanks to all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am getting closer to my theme. I still can't believe that we are gearing up for this already. Didn't we just finish the last one???

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will be my first A to Z challenge so I'm not going to choose any specific theme. Can't wait to get started writing my posts and reading all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to this, Arlee, although every year I have doubts that I'll be participating. I think you've created an addictive blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Arlee, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am signed up and looking forward to this year...it will be my second time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm biting the bullet and signing up again. Now to come up with a theme and start writing posts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The A to Z is my favourite Challenge, it has a fantastic vibe. Signing up for my third year. I'm happy to help out, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI, Lee,

    It's amazing how your brainchild has developed over the past few years! I missed the first year or two, but have been a participant for the past three years.

    I hope to again this year, but not sure of my time restraints yet. I feel on needs to be active, not only by posting, but by visiting, and that takes a lot of time.

    ALL THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a great team this year, Arlee! Looking forward to another great challenge :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oops, I added my blog link but didn't add WR or indicate my link might contain a wisp of adult contact or succeed in adding a badge. Google wouldn't let me do that.

    John Rosenman

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are such a leader in the blog world! Have fun this go round.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you guys are really organized. And so many have signed up already.

    Good luck everyone.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for creating the category list. Great idea. I'm available if anyone needs a 'gopher' to help out. Judy Feather Stone

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lee - thanks for all the info .. I need to come back and make sure I do what's necessary and follow your thoughts ..

    I've signed up which is the main thing .. cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee