This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Post About A Post (and the Comments It Generated)

  

English: Comment iconImage via Wikipedia

     Call me silly if you will, but I was moved.  Or maybe impressed.  No, I was both and more.  It was about my blog post Where Am I Now Anyway? that appeared on January 4th.  Your comments warmed my heart and uplifted my spirit--well at least they made me smile.


         I'd been driving all that day and when I got home that evening I found something like 26 comments that were quite nice.  It's not a huge number of comments, but it's not all that bad either.  It was the nature of the comments that struck me.

          All I can say is that I've got some great readers and sometimes I just want to start another blog--a blog about the comments I receive on my blogs.  Now, don't worry--I'm not really going to do that but that's almost the way I feel sometimes.

          So here in the spirit of weird content concerning a kind of weird content blog post, I give you some reader comments and my comments about the comments and then in the comment section you can leave your comments about the comments I received or the comments I have left here about the comments. 

          Any questions?  Any comments?  If not, on with the weirdness:


Rachel said...
I'm not sure what this says about me or my state of mind, but this is one of the coolest blog posts I've ever read! *smiling*
shelly said...
I liked this silly post. It was time-machine-like with humor.
Miranda Hardy said...
Lee, this is one of the best posts. I'm sitting in my car, reading blogs and waiting on the person to open up the office. Is that specific enough? Lol I'm where I need to be at the moment. It may not be where I'd like to be (at my future mansion office), but it's on the road to my future.
Journaling Woman said...
I too am where I need to be at this point in time. I like when writers use their words to lead me somewhere and their are so smooth about it that I miss the real clues along the way and when I get there, I'm thinking how did I get here? I don't think they are deceiving me, but giving me what I want. Cool post.
Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...
Yeah but, more importantly, are your feet still cold?
Alex J. Cavanaugh said...
That was really deep, Lee! You may have just disrupted the entire time-continuum in just one post.
        So there you have the first installment of comments and comments about comments. Since there were 36 comments on that post, I can probably turn this into a six week series with one installment per week. Then again with greater analysis I could make a post out of each comment. I could probably drag this out the rest of the year. 
        Be watching for "My Comments about Comments I Received on This Blog Post About Comments and My Comments on Those Comments". Maybe I will need to start another blog.
Check out the A to Z Challenge Blog for new details about the A to Z Video Challenge.   Hope you'll submit your videos soon!


Enhanced by Zemanta

27 comments:

  1. I remember your great post which is definitely Deja Vu-worthy for the end of the year! Terrific idea to highlight some of the comments! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those turned out really amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear comments had you cheery Lee. It's kind of the same to me, some people's comments really can make my day as sad as that may sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lee, comments do mean alot, it makes one feel appreciated and part of the blogshere family.
    Hope you get many more comments to come,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have missed that post, but the comments were telling enough to know it was a good one, one that touched people. I've had that experience, quite a few times, and I know how it makes you feel ... as in WONDERFUL! Good job, Lee, and keep it up. The Old Silly hopes to get back to more regular and serious blogging again sometime this year ... the Wonderful World of Bloggydom is full of such great people and enrichment in so many ways.

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! I completely missed the original. Off to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lee - What a delightful introduction to your blog! I followed your link from your comment on my blog -- loved your story about making up stories for your kids when they were small.

    I've now followed your blog, and am looking forward to reading more, and getting to know you a bit through your blog!

    http://www.bethstilborn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Lee! So fun reading the comments and your comments on the comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to know there are wonderful people out in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How novel! :)

    When I comment, I always subscribe to the follow-up comments because your posts are good and you get good comments from your readers...simply stated. :)

    Fun to read some of the ones that stood out and what your response is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool concept, and yet another great way to meet more bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure I commented on the original post, so am enjoying the comments on the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie --It's may way of giving back to the readers.

    Alex-- Probably why I was smiling when I read them.

    Matthew Waffles -- Nice comments are a good way to start my day.

    Yvonne -- May the comments keep coming for the both of us.

    Marvin -- Hope you've been getting a lot done lately.

    Matthew M-- I miss a lot of things too. It's tough to keep up all the time.

    Beth -- Thank you for coming over to visit. You're always welcome here.

    Tracy -- So you want me to do a post on the comments about the post on the comments about the comments?

    Cate -- There are many fine people out there and a number of them visit my blog.

    Anita -- Glad to hear that you subscribe to the comments. I do the same just in case someone has something to say about what I said or if anyone says anything interesting that I might like to know.

    Kelly -- Yes, there are links to follow for each comment. I meant to point out that fact in my post.

    C.Lee -- If you commented on my original post then I'll probably be commenting on your comment.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, you might just need to start another blog! Quite the title, it will be! Now off to read the post that caused all this in the first place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A blog about the comments on your blogs - you know, that's not a bad idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very intriguing post you did. Can't wait to read more of these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lee, there aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with you all! Love the original post and what you've done with the comments. And there you have your posts all sorted for the year! Brilliant!

    I think I've bitten off more than I can chew for the A-Z, but I'm loving where it's taking me and the people I'm meeting. What I'm missing is the time to scamper around the blogosphere and see what's happening. Ah well, come May it'll be all over bar the celebrations and planning for next year :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean about the great comments we receive! It really humbles me sometimes how much time people will take to leave me thoughtful blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lee - I read it .. and thought well done for posting in the future.

    Great that now - you've taken everyone's comments and turned them into content ..

    Seems wise - you've quite a lot going on ..

    I think your blogging world is about to change dramatically this year ... good luck with the future .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember that post. Man, it has been crazy with my lap top dying. It's great to be back online again. I'm looking into the video A-Z challenge and I have to admit that I'm intimidated. Any words of wisdom or a sample of what it should look like? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A most clever post Lee. Its great when people leave comments like this, especially when you wake up to the,.

    And thanks for that awesome review you left on Amazon for OPENING! My first one. Very cool. I'll post a link to it on Facebook tomorrow morning. hmmmm, maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. One thing I really love about blogging is the awesome followers we get! Comments are the best and I think this post is an awesome way to highlight that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynn -- Just what I need--another blog. It could happen.

    Li -- More comments like yours might convince me to start a blog about comments.

    Melissa -- I'll take that as a vote to keep going with this project.

    Jemi -- I'm always happy to get comments.

    Sue -- You'll do great with A to Z. I am confident.

    Trisha -- Comments often keep me going.

    Hilary --I hope any coming changes are good changes.

    Richard -- I think I've already become a full time blogger. At least it feels like it.

    Ciara -- Did you check the post on the A to Z Blog? There are a couple of video examples and guidelines to follow.

    Stephen Tremp -- You beat me to the review. I just sent you an email. You must get notifications when someone posts a review because you were right on it.

    C-22-- The people who leave comments deserve recognition.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Commenting on a comment, commenting on that comment--it is a little like repetitive mirror images. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving this series of posts about comments about posts! At what point does it become recursive, or horror of horrors, a CIRCULAR recursive timey-wimey thing that blows another crack in the wall so Amy has to fix it, while keeping her eyes closed?

    Ok, here's the deal. I'm not just quoting good computer programming practices, I'm also quoting one of the best time travel shows EVER. Just thought I'd mention it in case you also are an Olympic movie quoting athlete. Our family is ranked quite highly in this sport ;-)

    Tina @ Life is Good

    Co-Host of the April 2012 Blogging from A to Z Challenge

    Twitter: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee