This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Things To Come

         Halloween is coming-- of course we know that.  Can you believe that as I write this Halloween is only two short weeks away.  Then we know for the most part what comes after that.  Holiday seasons!  Thanksgiving has always been a favorite for me.  Then there are so many things to like about the Christmas season.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I'll be writing about those things later, but first we need to finish with Halloween. But not today.  Instead I would like to look ahead at some other things you can expect to see on this site and make my most recent big announcement.

          Saturdays just don't seem to be conducive toward in depth writing.  There's alway too much going on it seems.  Go here, go there, and this and that.  So here are some quickies.

         I want to thank my good friend Sebastian Sidi for becoming a follower of this site.  In November I plan on doing a interview with Sebastian because if you don't know him yet I think you ought to meet him now. I think you are eventually going to hear about Sebastian anyway so you might as well perk up your ears and find out why more and more people keep on adding themselves to Sebastian's list of fans. If you want to get a preview of Sebastian Sidi and hear some of his music then check out his website -- I think you might be impressed.  Be following this blog for more about Sebastian Sidi.

        Another musician of note is Forrest Smith of Phoenix, AZ.  I've known Forrest for--well, I won't say for how long, just that it's been a long time.  He is a very fine songwriter, singer, and musician.  I can't say enough good things about Forrest so you can bet I'll have plenty to say in my feature about Forrest.

         Collagepodge  is an interesting business created by up and coming artist Ada Jackson of New Jersey.  Using her creative talents and artistic eye, Ada can take anything and turn it into something wonderful.  Her works of art are often commissioned as gifts or keepsakes. I'm sure that Ada will have some interesting ideas about art as heirlooms as well as other views about the world of art.

          Whether you are interested in photography or not, you may be interested in what Juan Velez has to say about the topic.  Juan has been making quite an impression in the world of sports photography and his pictures have appeared in many places. Maybe Juan can give us some pointers on how to take better photos when we get together for holiday events or just take better pictures anytime.  It's always good to hear from a pro.

         Finally, that "big" announcement that I mentioned in my teasing opening paragraph.  I made the plunge and signed up for NaNoWriMO.   "What!" you say?   In an earlier blog I wrote briefly about this.  It stands for National Novel Writing Month and you can check my earlier post for my comments about this or follow the link to the NaNo website if you want to get more details.  I will be writing more about this challenge you can be sure.  Between my upcoming novel and this blog and everything else I write, I hope I don't drown in a sea of words and phrases.  If any of you readers are participating in NaNo, then for the record my NaNo name is wordleeness.  Let me know if you are out there and good luck!  So the juggler of words and phrases has tossed it out to you-- got anything for me?

2 comments:

  1. NaNo sound like the saying back on My Favorite martian.
    Keep it up you are peaking my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. `
    >>[I made the plunge and signed up for NaNoWriMO.]<<

    Good luck to you, my Brother! Let us hear how it progresses.

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" Stephen

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee