This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, October 22, 2021

Over the Moon ( #BOTB Results )

 

Time for my obligatory results post.  Always get some visits, but usually not many comments.  So by all means comment if you feel compelled to do so.  But no matter what it's time for...


Battle of the Bands Results


       My recent Battle was a three way with versions of "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen as performed by Grant Lee Phillips, The Quakes, and George Gaudy.  Too bad there weren't several more votes as it looks like this Battle might have been a close race.

     As for me I go with Grant Lee Phillips who captured the mood of the song best.  I thought both of the other versions had a lot of merit and were very enjoyable to hear, but they seemed to be more like novelty versions in the end.   I personally liked this Battle a lot.



Final Vote Tally

Grant-Lee Phillps       5 votes

The Quakes                 2 votes

George Gaudy             1 votes



Next Battle on Monday November 1st

          What can I say other than that?  How about have a great Halloween!








4 comments:

  1. I picked the winner!
    Small votes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee,

    WOW, I was the only one who went with George Gaudy! Well, at least he didn't feel left out of the battle completely. Thanks for reporting the outcome. Y'all have a nice Halloween, as well. We'll be on vacation next week but I have post scheduled, including Nov. 1st BOTB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to have missed your latest BOTB, Arlee! You always have interesting choices, but time got away from me. Thanks for your comments over at The Den. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I do have your blog feed set up for automatic sharing to Twitter, using dlvr.it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee