This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Who Had the Better Parachute? ( #BOTB Results )

 Darkness has been coming earlier and a coolness has drenched the Los Angeles atmosphere.  I hope it stays this way for a while.  It's looks like it could rain.  Maybe it will.  Whatever happens is good.  Find good in everything.  That's what I try to believe most of the time...



Battle of the Bands Results


Parachute Showdown

      My most recent Battle was two Los Angeles area groups doing different songs with the same name of "Parachute".   

      I liked both performances a great deal so either was a winner for me.  But going with style, I prefer that dreamy kind of psychedelic style of Covet so I'll give my vote to their song.  And thusly I avoid a tie.  But, yeah, for me it's Covet.

Final Vote Tally

Thee Lakesiders                6 votes

Covet                                 8 votes


Next Battle on Sunday November 1

        Will I be the only one with a Battle on that day?  Will any of us still be here at the end of that week?   Is 2020 almost over?




6 comments:

  1. I hope you get some rain. It has been raining here almost every day here. I voted for the losers..bummer they didn’t win:). I hope you are not the only one but, if you are, keep it going because I love it but I think, One Hand Typing and Mike will be with you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the winner.
    You guys out west really do need the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want some rain Lee come here.
    Good result for the BOTB.
    Look forward to the next one.
    Take care,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>... Darkness has been coming earlier and a coolness has drenched the Los Angeles atmosphere. I hope it stays this way for a while.

    I predict that it WILL stay that way for awhile. At least until about Mar 14, 2021. (Yes, I do happen to be psychic.)

    Good, close Battle. I feel the wrong group came out on top, but then again, I feel that way frequently and I've gotten used to it.

    See ya for your November 1st Battle, LEE.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    (aka Stephen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lee!

    Sorry I missed the vote. So glad I didn't miss the post entirely as Thee Lakesiders instantly sent me to the heart of things where all sweet memories are kept. Beautiful song! Great battle too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee