This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, January 15, 2021

So Much Trouble in the World ( #BOTB )

       Here I am. Back again with another Battle of the Bands.  For now I'm going to refrain from tossing out much as far as anything I think.  I'll let the music speak for itself.  So....let's go!


Battle of the Bands


        Battle of the Bands is the blogging event started by Far Away Series and now hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands.   This event happens each month on the 15th and on some there is also a Battle on the 1st of the month.  My blog is one of those with a second Battle excepting over these summer months.   The premise is simple:  Listen to the songs presented below and then in the comments vote for your favorite and tell us why you liked it.  Then visit the links listed near the bottom of this post for                                                            more Battle action.




So Much Trouble in the World

         Has there ever been a time when there wasn't trouble in the world?   Since his death in 1981 has there ever been a time when the music of Bob Marley didn't influence musicians throughout the world?  

         Marley's song "So Much Trouble in the World" has been recorded by many different artists since it was first released in 1979.  That makes for a good BOTB song I think.  So here we go with two versions that I enjoy.  Hope you do too...





Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders  "So Much Trouble in the World"   (2013)

       From the Netherlands we start with Mitchell Brunings and his Bob Marley tribute band.  This version keeps in the spirit of the original...





Eyesburn  "So Much Trouble in the World"  (2005)

        How about some hardcore thrash Reggae from Serbia?  Sure, why not?   We're talking about the world so let's bring more international influence into the mix.  Bang your heads and enjoy...






Time to Vote!
        
          While there may be lots of trouble in the world, I hope you don't have any trouble playing along with this Battle of the Bands.    Which version do you prefer?   Hopefully you have an opinion of some kind.  You don't have to know about music to have an opinion since it all comes down to your own personal taste.

        Please vote on your favorite by letting us know your choice in the comment section and tell us why you prefer the version you chose. Then after you've finished here, please visit the other blogs listed below who may or may not be participating this time around. And if you've put up your own BOTB contest let us know that as well so we can vote on yours.


Here are some other places where you might find BOTB posts:

 StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands

  'MIKE'S RAMBLINGS'

'Curious as a Cathy'

Sound of One Hand Typing

The Doglady's Den 

Jingle, Jangle, Jungle 


Cherdo on the Flipside 

A I Love Music



Winner of this Battle Announced on Friday January 22
       
           I'll have the Battle winner and maybe a few more thoughts on that day.  But let me think about that before then.  Thanks for visiting!





     





26 comments:

  1. Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders gets my vote, like the emotion in the song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, They do put some feeling into their version.

      First vote goes to Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Eyesburn gets mine. More peppy and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, now we got a contest with a vote for...

      Eyesburn.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Mitchell gets my votes for his eclectic way to create this song plus amazing vocals. He blew me away at the end holding that one note...amazing! I really disliked the 2nd one..just noise to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, his vocals are pretty amazing in this song.

      A vote for Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Thrash reggae from Serbia? Fascinating! That said, I prefer the more traditional sound of Mitchell Brunings. You sure picked an appropriate song for the times. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D, a song for all seasons.

      A vote for Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Lee,

    Perfect song for this battle. Mitchell sounds closer to Marley but I actually prefered Eyesburn in the round. Excellent showdown!

    Please join me in my mid-round BoTB when you can!

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, Too much trouble, but there always seems to be.

      A vote for Eyesburn.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. I'm not much of a reggae fan, and Eyesburn made it seem less like reggae, so they get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I might need to be in the right mood for reggae, but the message in this song makes sense in the current times.

      A vote for Eyesburn.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. Good Battle, LEE.
    I liked both recordings, but of the two, I definitely preferred Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders. I got into the moodiness of the piece. And, yeah, holding that final note was a great finish. Good stuffs!

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, Brunings is definitely a decent singer.

      A vote tor Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. Yes Lee, very apt title.
    Mitchell Brinings gets my vote. Excellent for me.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, there's always been troubles, but right now it feels like something bigger hanging over us.

      A vote for Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders gets my vote. That make me happy. I know the substance of the material was problematic, but the vibe was infectious.

    Excellent pairing this time around. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, reggae is usually pretty infectious. Guess that's why it's so popular.

      A vote for Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  10. It's a vote for Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders for me. Good battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary B, thank you for voting for...

      Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete
  11. I do like both, but I think Eyesburn is better for me, just for the 'difference'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, each has its merits I think. Viva la difference!

      Eyesburn.

      Lee

      Delete
  12. Mitchell Brunings & Rootsriders - Wow! Add a vote for them for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, you got it!

      A vote for Mitchell Brunings.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee