This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Something's Brewing

cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and co...
cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and cocoa powder (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

         Something's brewing and I don't mean the hot chocolate or apple cider and I'm not talking about a belated Christmas pudding.  What's cooking isn't food or drink, but blogging activities coming up in the next month or so.  Now that this year is almost a done deal, let's look ahead to how 2016 will be kicking off.

Battle of the Bands  

         Tossing It Out will continue to participate in the Battle of the Bands postings on the 1st and 15th of each month.  You're always welcomed to join us with your own song Battles, but even if you aren't posting your own contest I hope you'll visit mine and vote on your favorite version.  The first Battle on my blog for 2016 will come up on Friday January 1st.   The song I'll be using will be an oldie.  It isn't new, but I won't tell you what.   Though in a way I've hinted at the song in the previous sentence--the words of the title are there.

Insecure Writer's Support Group

          The Insecure Writer's Support Group has been hosted by Alex J Cavanaugh for a few years now.   Tossing It Out has been a part of this event since it first appeared in the blogosphere.

Backstage Blogathon

          On January 15th I'll be joining in on the Backstage Blogathon where participants pick a film made before 1970 that has something to do with the workings of show biz.  This is a blog share that definitely fits my interests.   In that same post I'll be presenting a Battle of the Bands with a song that I think is appropriate for the film I've selected.  

A to Z Challenge

          Sign-ups for the 2016 April A to Z Challenge will open on Monday January 25th.  For information about the A to Z Challenge visit the A to Z Challenge Blog.  Lot's of things start happening once sign-ups open.  Watch the blog site.

Lost and Found:  The Valentine's Edition

         On February 1st I'll be involved in this blogfest in honor of Valentine's Day.  Posts can be about anything concerning the subject of love discovered or love lost.   More details on this after the 1st of January.   I'll be combining my "Lost and Found" post with a Battle of the Bands song pick based on this same topic of love.


Watch This Space...

         Hope everyone had a great Christmas and are enjoying some holiday time.  Have a safe New Year!  

           Do you have any special plans for the upcoming year?  Do you know what you're doing tomorrow?     Are you a planner or a take things as the come sort of person?




21 comments:

  1. And you've managed to make all of those things coincide with each other. Clever. Although January's IWSG post will be on its own for a change.
    In addition to Lost and Found, I'm also doing Version Sacrifice next Monday with Shady Dell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much going on in the world of blogging that it's difficult to keep up with it all.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I already have a couple posts planned and/or scheduled for the new year. I do some planning, and some in the moment posts. I'm starting to think about my A to Z theme, but haven't decided yet what to focus on. Happy New Year, Arlee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I guess I should start thinking about A to Z as well. I had a series started, but now I think I want to do something else.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Hi, Lee!

    It looks like your 2016 calendar is loaded with exciting events. I'll be here on the 1st for your band battle. Will this be the year of Disco Tex & the Sex-O-Lettes? Time will tell. :)

    Happy new year, good buddy Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tempus fugit, Suddenly everything is happening a little too fast. However, I will enjoy the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, you really plan ahead! The closest I come to planning ahead is thinking about the upcoming post while on a walk...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got plans for a few blogfests in the opening months of the year, in addition to some posts and series about films and albums with important anniversaries in 2016. I still have to finish my list of topics for my names blog for A to Z, though I already know the theme I'll use. There are also a few posts about Russian history I'm planning for my main blog before A to Z, as well as probably at least a few posts about a certain trend which has been disturbing me more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a lovely time and that the season right now is rich in many blessings. I will be participating in the A to Z and the Backstage blogathon-I already have 2 films picked out. I love the BOTB and always look forward to them. I am not doing the IWSG because this is for writers and I just feel it should be for all of you more but that won't mean I will not visit and offer encouragement. I believe I am a planner with the realization that plans can go up in smoke when something unexpected happens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent plans for the year ahead! I'm looking forward to A to Z, and hope to be part of your kickbutt team once again. Rock on, man, rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I'll be doing the A to Z Challenge next year, but I haven't planned much more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, soon to start thinking about A to Z.
    Great line up of events.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! I'm in the midst of making my plans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lee! I have serious writing plans for 2016 to make up for this 2015 year of not being productive. I'm a planner, but have learned to be more flexible as the challenges arise....and they always do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lee - thanks for reminding us off that's going on in the blogosphere ... and the details were the A-Z ...

    Happy New Year to you and your wife and family - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not the best planner... I skipped last year's A-Z Challenge but did become a minion. I am going full throttle for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will certainly be watching this space. That Battle of the Bands sounds enticing. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lee,

    On no, say it aint so! Well, that's 2016 taken care of. All the best with all of that stuff, yes of course, IWSG aka "I Was Seeking Gary". And notably of all the notables, the dreaded alphabet thing! Must remember to take that month off from blogging!

    Seriously, have fun, good sir.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've got a lot planned. I don't even know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. ;)
    I wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you've got a lot planned. I don't even know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. ;)
    I wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee