|Film poster for The Bucket List - Copyright 2007, Warner Bros. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
1. Galvanized bucket -- There were always metal buckets like this around my house when I was growing up. Plastic is just not the same.
2. Hole in My Bucket -- I think there was a song many years ago with this title. I thought it was the funniest thing when my younger sister had a hole in the back of her pants and my father started singing that song. I was thankful that it wasn't my pants. How embarrassing!
3. Oaken Bucket -- I used to see an old establishment by this name on the Old Knoxville Highway in Rockford, Tennessee. I'm not sure what the place was. I think it was closed. It always intrigued me though. The place looked like it was probably open in the 40's or 50's and probably even into the 60's. Maybe someone from that area can enlightened me about this.
4. Bucket Brigade --How many times have you resorted to using the "Bucket Brigade" method to move things along more quickly?
5. Kicked the bucket--Anyone remember the scene in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World where Jimmy Durante kicked the bucket? This film is one of my all time favorite comedies.
6. Bucket Head-- I guess more than one person in the world has this nickname. My younger brother had a friend they used to call "Bucket Head". Have you ever known anyone with this nickname?
7. Bucket -- This is a term used in basketball that I've heard fans use. Not exactly sure what it means, but I guess it has something to do with the basket. I'm sure one of the readers can explain.
8. Buckets of Rain -- A song by Bob Dylan.
9. Bucket of baseballs -- Makes batting practice easy and baseballs are cheaper by the dozen.
10. Drop in the bucket -- Considerably less than a drop in the ocean, but still a minute fraction of the overall scope of things.
So there you have my "Bucket List". What? Are you saying that's not the way I'm supposed to do it?