This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, June 22, 2018

Yippee Yee Haw! ( #BOTB Results )

.
           Remember those cowboy heroes who were men of few words who just got down to doing what needed to be done?   Well, that's me on vacation--not necessarily heroic, but just gettin' it done.  Today I'm just delivering the results of my Battle of the Bands featuring the song "Cowboy Dreams"...


Battle of the Bands Results

   

       Some of you mentioned that this was a tough Battle and I agree.  I could go either way on this match as well, but since I've got to go with one of them then I'm going to cast my vote for Nigel Livingstone.   My reasons are much like some of you stated--the greater energy of the version and a preference for the instrumental back-up.  

      Jimmy Nails immediately ran off with the lead in this Battle, but Nigel Livingstone pulled up close behind in the final round of voting.   Good job Jimmy.   Not bad Nigel.

Final Vote Tally

Jimmy Nails              10 votes

Nigel Livingstone       7 votes


Next Battle on Sunday July 1st

          Since my next Battle is going to be a Sunday Battle then I'm going to take it to church--well, kind of church.   Hopefully I'll post it okay and as long as my computer cooperates I'm sure I will.

        Are you having a great summer so far?













18 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, had the winner this month.
    Look forward to the next.

    Have a great weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, you've been pretty good at siding with the winners in my Battles.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Alex, I thought they were both winners, but you picked the official one.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Close battle. Nice to be on the winning side. Summer is always great! My favourite season. ☺ Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D, I like summers, but in California there are nice things about every season.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Not looking forward to heat and humidity. I'm not s summer person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I'm fine with nice summer weather, but I don't like the heat combined with humidity either.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. I nailed it! I hate summer. Always have. Humid and hot or dry and hot? Doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, when summer comes I'm a child again. Come to think of it I'm like a child much of the time these days.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. I would have voted Jimmy Nail... Both were nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, Nigel thanks you for not voting and giving Jimmy a bigger margin.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. Summer ain't been the same since I got out of school and started working for a living. Back in my era of "Summer Vacations", when all Summer was spent at the beach, body-surfing and girl-watching, this season was the best. Now, if I could order it like a menu item, I'd ask the waitress to bring me 365 days of Fall weather.

    IMO, this was one of your best Battles in awhile, LEE. At the time I voted for Nigel, he was getting clobbered. I'm glad to see he made such an impressive comeback, because he didn't deserve the beat-down he was getting.

    See ya on the 1st, buddy! Enjoy the road.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, I'd agree that Fall is pretty fine. And Spring isn't bad either.

      I'm so pleased that so many enjoyed this Battle. I was a bit concerned about using this unfamiliar song, but I'm glad it all turned out well.

      Having an incredible time on the road, but I usually do.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. My summer has been mild so far. And my summer family duties haven't quite kicked in yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GB, nice when summer is free and easy, but obligations are obligations.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. So far so good with summer on my end! Hope yours is a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loni, having a wonderful time! Still a couple more weeks until we get back home.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee