This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Why Quit When I Can Quit ( #IWSG )

 

      I'm still here, but I'm just not writing or blogging much at the present time.  It's partly due to being busy with other things and partly due to lack of initiative to blog.  Also I've got a big summer trip coming up and this year I don't want to think about being online much during that time.   But I'm here.  Hope you're having a wonderful summer....


The Insecure Writer's Support Group


Join us on the first Wednesday of each month in Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group--a forum of writers who gather to talk about writing and the writer's life. For a complete list of participants visit Alex's Blog


The co-hosts for the July 7 posting of the IWSG are Pat Garcia, Victoria Marie Lees, and Louise – Fundy Blue!


July 7 question - What would make you quit writing?



Quit Writing?  What Would I Do That For?

          What would make me quit writing?   Considering my current blog hiatus one might think "Summer"--but no, I'm still writing a little bit.  This is just a break.

            Becoming physically or mentally incapable of writing would likely put an end to my writing, but that would have to be some serious debilitating issue that I hope would never happen.  Along those lines would be any other problem that would permanently divert me from writing, but I'm not sure I want to spend my imagination going down that route.

           As long as I can write then I will write.  I will write something. 

           Hopefully I will return here in August for another IWSG post and write some more.

           Be well and be as happy as you can...


Would you quit writing?






15 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I feel the same way. There are many situations that could stop me from writing but to be honest, I don't want to go down those paths and think about them.

    Wishing you ah happy summer and a safe trip.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, if I do start thinking about the reasons that would cause me to quit writing then I might write about them. Imagination at work.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your trip! Know you missed it last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, thanks! Never know when one of my trips will be my last.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I'm still writing just not my own stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " As long as I can write then I will write. " I like that spirit! Hope you have a great summer trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I don't like to think about quitting anything unless it's a really bad habit.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your summer holiday!

    I'll only quit writing when Archangel Michael comes to carry my soul off to the other world. For me, writing is like breathing; impossible to imagine not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would I quit writing? Heavens no! I'd have to write about it ;-)
    Glad you haven't quit. Enjoy the summer, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer certainly slows me down with writing! I, too, hope nothing debilitating happens to you to prevent you from writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ARLEE for checking in. Enjoyed your A to Z on rivers immensely this year. So safe to say you have earned a good summer's rest. Take care and please keep sharing your thoughts and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a lot of writers feel the same. We all take breaks and have times when the drive is a little lower, but stopping for good is a highly alarming thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breaks are refreshing. Hope you have fun on your summer trip. Try to stay "cool".

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I'll even actually quit writing, but still trying to get out the procrastinating mode that seems to have been affecting my writing mojo for the past 5 months or so.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee