This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, June 7, 2021

And So I Fly ( #BOTB Results )

 Hello and welcome to my blog.  This is just a short post to announce winners of my Battle of the Bands from last week.  Hope you are having a nice day...


Battle of the Bands Results


        My most recent Battle was between covers of the It's a Beautiful Day's song White Bird.  After all since I'm Arlee Bird and I'm white and I'm gonna fly--in a sense--for the summer, the song seemed like an ironic anthem for me at this point in the life of my blog.  Oh well, whatever.

        The Battle was a face off between The Scones and Vanessa-Mae.  I liked the hippy dippy Scones revue with their long groovy jam of the song, but the flute was just not the violin and the violin is what had attracted me so much to the original version of the song.  Vanessa-Mae had the violin and I liked her updated technopop version of the song.  I'm going with V as in Violin and Vanessa.

        The race ended up pretty well.


Final Vote Tally

The Scones              9 votes

Vanessa-Mae           7 votes


See you when I see you or maybe in my dreams...






3 comments:

  1. BOIDMAN ~

    16 votes ain't nuttin' to sneeze at, and a mere 2-vote differential between the winner and the loser translates to: excellent Battle!

    I intend to post another BOTB installment on July 1st -- it's one I greatly regretted never having gotten around to "back in the day".

    And after that... maybe nuttin', maybe an occasional appearance. I really don't know right now. I guess a lot depends upon my future moods, and just how angry I am at the world around me.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand by my declaration, that this is, was my favorite of your Battles. With a spread of 13%, it does not get much more contested. (One swing vote away from a tie!)

    Enjoy your well deserved time away. Have a great Summer, Lee. See you in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee,

    Your battle was pretty tight but whoo-hoo, my pick won!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee