This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, March 22, 2019

Another Day at the Races ( #BOTB )


     Spring has sprung!  Can the Blogging from A to Z Challenge be far behind?   Why, it's just around the corner!  Oh Father Time, say it ain't so...


      Battle of the Bands Results




"This Is Me"

           My most recent Battle was between solo artist Haley Klinkhammer and Indonesian group Mylou with their interpretations of the song from The Greatest Showman.  This same Battle post was also my A to Z Theme Reveal so that's where that is if you're looking for that.

           This Battle was a close one which was nice to see after recent near shut-outs.  The race started even and finished even.  It was like I was watching the horses running.  For my part I enjoyed the rock treatment given to the song by Mylou--they gave the song a nice twist.  However I have to give my vote to Haley Klinkhammer.  I liked her voice and delivery.  The message of the song comes out more clearly in Haley's version though I did dig the edgy dream music of Mylou.

Final Tally

Haley Klinkhammer       15 votes

Mylou                             16 votes



Next Battle on Monday April 1

          Not only will April Fools Day be the next Battle of the Bands post, it will also be the opening day of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  I'll integrate the two events into a post that will be a fun way to introduce myself to new visitors to the site using songs with an international flavor.  In other words--not in English.  See you then!


          What's the next big thing you're looking forward to?  Have you started any spring cleaning?  Is anyone still affected by the time change like I am?










28 comments:

  1. A date with my editor, which starts on the 25th and hopefully will turn out to be very successful 9 weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chose the winner Lee.

    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very close race. I picked the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Tanza, BOTB is always interesting--to me at least.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Lee,

    WOW, that was a close battle! Unfortunately, my pick got nudged out in this showdown but I still stand by Haley being the better of the two.

    Naturally, I'm looking forward to the A2Z blogfest and am making fabulous progress with my sketches. Spring cleaning? Nah, I don't do that so much as I try to just do what's need when it needed instead of waiting for the season to change. Nope, the time change doesn't affect me. Ever since we began fixing the time the day before, then that's had a positive impact on how well my body adjusts. Have a good weekend, my friend and thanks for sharing the outcome!

    Here's my BoTB results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, Good to hear about your A to Z progress. I've barely started. I never seem to get over any time changes, but maybe that will be different after my wife retires and we aren't on any specific schedule of waking up.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. We're spring cleaning now as my in-laws are coming next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.Diane, enjoy your company. My wife always gets frantic with cleaning when visitors are coming.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. That was a close battle! Lost by a nose, but that's how it goes, sometimes. Personally, I hate the time change and it takes me a week to recover. The dogs don't recognize it either. ☺ I'll have the house to myself next week and plan to do some painting touchups, plus wash the curtains. April will be busy offline again, with 4-legged houseguests, but I'll try and catch some A to Z posts, here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D, hope you do have some time for relaxation, but it is good to get those chores behind you.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. Wow... a 3% winning margin, is about as close as one could imagine... This one was fun to watch (and hear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, I like close races like this one.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. LEE ~
    A one-vote margin of victory is the ultimate in BOTB, the way I see it, anyway.

    It was like a well-run Kentucky Derby (minus the Mint Juleps).

    See ya on 4/1.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the way it appeared to me too. The race really stayed even too.

      Lee

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry that I missed this round! I been so busy at work as it was the final week of school. I be sure to catch the next one! I am so sorry for missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. Did you post a Battle? I was looking but don't recall seeing one.

      Lee

      Delete
  11. I think I'm going to do my spring cleaning by calling in the cleaning service I use from time to time. They do a much better job than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, I've thought about a cleaning service, but then my wife would stress over cleaning the house so the cleaners wouldn't think we were messy. I'd probably do a better job of cleaning if someone paid me.

      Lee

      Delete
  12. I'm on letter S! Trying to get all my posts for the A to Z done before April, so I can spend my time answering and visiting other blogs! You're right, that was close between the bands! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Congratulations on great A to Z progress. I've started on A. I need to get busy this week!

      Lee

      Delete
  13. We are heading to see our daughter and family in Switzerland. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan K, sounds like a good time. Have fun!

      Lee

      Delete
  14. Hmmm. So for the next BotB, do we pick the band we don't like as much and then yell "April Fool!"?

    I've sort of starting the spring cleaning. Just finished a massive closet purge. Lot of clothes going to our neighborhood shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LD, Back in 2010 a lot of folks thought my A to Z Challenge to join me was an April Fool joke. I'm trying to recall if I ever did a BOTB that was inspired by April Fools Day--but I'm too lazy to look it up.

      My spring cleaning seems to last all year long until I start again the next year. It's a never ending job.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee