This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, September 8, 2017

What Happened (with #BOTB)


          Sometimes we just have to weather storms whether we like it or not...

           If you're looking for my #IWSG post then you can find it here.   But if you're just here to see what I've posted today then don't expect too much.  I had plenty to  say, but don't feel like saying much of anything today.  So let's get down to the main business I'm here for.


Battle of the Band Results




         Mine was the only BOTB post for the 1st of the month.   I'll do another next month and assess the future of first day of the month BOTB posts.  We'll see what happens after that.

          The current Battle was between two flood themed songs--"The Flood" by Take That and "Flood" by Jars of Clay.   This contest was a slam dunk for the better known Jars of Clay.  Having listened many times to the Take That song I really began to like it.  Still, like the majority of voters, I had to go with Jars of Clay.

Final Tally

Take That              3

Jars of Clay          12


 Next Battle on Friday September 15th

        I might post something before then.  I thought I knew what my next Battle was going to be, but now maybe I've changed my mind.   Guess we'll find out later.





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Birgit, those 3 were worthy votes, but the other votes made for winning votes.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I have been out of the loop, so I will go back to your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan K., I've been out of the Loop ever since I moved away from the Chicagoland area (a Chicago "joke").

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Lee,

    I went with Jars of Clay this round but I really like Take That. In fact, I'm going to feature this group in tomorrow's post. Most of their mewsic is okay but I really like the song you introduced me to in this battle. I used a website that can convert YouTube files to media files and saved it on my computer. It's not high quality but it's good for listening to through my computer speakers and it saves me a ton of money. :) I'll have a BoTB post ready next time. Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, always glad to introduce artists to other bloggers who take the info and run with it.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I was one of the three voting for Take That. I'm surprised to see so few people voted for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie-Anne, I also was surprised to see Take That get so many fewer votes as I thought they might be more known to more people.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. I would've voted Jars of Clay too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I missed it! I'll have to catch it next time.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, Don't miss it! Next Battle on Friday Sept 15 (tomorrow!)

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee