|Original Tabasco red pepper sauce (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I'm out visiting today!
Be sure to drop by Nutschell's The Writing Nut where I'm showing off my writing space and telling a bit about myself. It's a fun little visit that I hope you'll enjoy.
Get Healthy Bloghop:
Get Healthy Blog Hop:
Alex J. Cavanaugh, L. Diane Wolfe, Michael Di Gesu, and Stephen Tremp have teamed up for a Blog Hop that focuses on health.
The Objective: Share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way. You can share an awesome low cal low fat tasty recipe. Post simple tips to lose weight. Or a testimony on what has helped like joining Weight Watchers. Recommend a routine like P90X or Insanity. Or stretches one can do while sitting in their office chair working or writing. I'm sure people have countless great tips and ideas they would love to share.
Believe me, I'm no paragon of good health. I've been fortunate to have always been relatively healthy, but I'll mostly attribute that to good genes and the providence of God. But I have made some efforts in my life and despite all of my bad habits I'm hanging in there. Here are a few of the things that might contribute my relatively good health:
- Juggling-- It's a skill that develops good hand and eye coordination. A quick little toss up now and then can be a relaxing stress-reducing exercise. And since I'm not all that great of a juggler I drop a lot so that means I frequently have to bend over to pick up the props. It's exercise.
- Stop smoking -- I've been a relatively heavy smoker in certain times of my life--at times as much as 3 packs a day. I finally quit for good in 1997. I'm sure it's been very good for my health, not to mention that I save a bundle of money.
- Moderate alcohol consumption -- I've never been a real heavy drinker, but I do find a drink now and then to be good for me. It's fairly rare for me to drink, but I've heard that it can be healthful so I don't take any chances and take my medicine now and then.
- Dark chocolate--I've heard that this is good for you too. How could I ever argue with that? I try to eat dark chocolate at least once every day or so.
- Hot peppers-- I usually start every day with a small glass of Clamato juice with a few splashes of Tabasco Sauce. Somehow, spicy food and hot peppers seem healthy to me. They don't always rest well with my digestive system these days, but I'm standing by my love of hot peppers.
- Walking -- I've always enjoyed walking and still do. I need to walk more, but I do try to find a reason to take some kind of walk a few times each day. I once had a plan to walk from Tennessee to California. Now that I'm in California I think I need to walk back someday. For the sake of good health. Plus, it would be an adventure.
Which of these do you do? What is your biggest tip for good health? Are pizzas with anchovies, onions, and hot peppers healthy for you? (Please tell me they are.)