This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Thanks and News from A to Z

                         500!!!!
On Wednesday February 2, 2011 I passed the 500 follower milestone!
The honors for being the 500th follower go to Lisa Potts.  She has a blog that bears her name.   There is no prize or anything like that--just the honor of having me put the link to your blog for all to see.   In any case, thank you for following Tossing It Out and if any of you readers don't know Lisa, hop over to say hello.


SEE MY GUEST SPOT TODAY!!!

 
      Since I'm guesting at Patricia Stoltey's place today I will not be writing a regular post and would instead like to recognize some special A to Z Challenge bloggers.

There's Still More!  My Thanks to Some Special People.  Is your name on the list below?



Special Posts:

Yvonne from Welcome to My World of Poetry gave us one of the most unique special posts so far--be sure to check this one out!

Jeffrey Beesler's excellent post at World of the Scribe addressed some of the concerns that many may have about the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  Be sure to check this one out.  It has some thoughtful comments as well.  This won't be the last time you'll be hearing from Jeffrey.

Chris K. who authors The Kelworth Files gave us a very flattering boost in his Monday blog post.

Larri from Seams Inspired had a grand post that attracted some participants. And I want to give Larri a big thanks for helping me with putting up the code for the grab-it badge in my side bar. 

Murees Dupe at Daily Drama of an Aspiring Writer  is a newer blogger who could use some of you to visit and click her follower button.

Stephanie from What's So Random is a special blogger to me not only because she posted about A to Z, but also because she's my niece.  

Liz at 8-Bit Words gave A to Z a very nice write up.

And another one of my nieces, Wolfie from Writer Person, joined the Challenge with an encouraging write up.  This will be Wolfie's second year Blogging from A to Z in April.

Mentions:


Ruby the Blabbin' Grammy is a special friend whom many came upon in the 2010 Challenge and she will be back again in 2011.

P K Hrezo who has a Fiction Addiction  talked about the Challenge.

Olivia, That Rebel With A Blog, made a big mention of the A to Z Challenge.



Badge added to sidebar:

Dezmond the Hollywood Spy has the badge displayed and I'm sure he'll give us a little mention now and then.

Wendy Tyler Ryan  Publication and Other Pursuits put up the badge.

Lynda R. Young at W.I.P. It includes the badge on her site.


Jules from Trying to Get Over the Rainbow, my buddy and blogger extraordinare will most likely be posting about the challenge in the future  .

S.A. Larsen at Writer's Alley added a badge to her site .

Jennee at Cheap Therapy displays the A to Z badge.

Lindz at Rapturous Randomocity has the badge.

Tina at Life Is Good. is helping to spread the word.


Elizabeth Mueller, Author is also getting word out.

and

Larry at DiscConnected put up a big ol' badge and I imagine will have something to say about the challenge.

        I think I probably missed some more that I haven't run across yet.  If you put up the badge on your site, or if you posted about the challenge, and I haven't mentioned it yet, please let me know in the comments so I can credit you in my next thank you post.

          Also, if you can take some time to visit the above bloggers and leave a comment it would be greatly appreciated.  If you aren't following, click that button to follow.   The first part of the challenge is underway and that is building the Challenge community that we are now all a part of.

          If you are following my blog and I haven't stopped by to follow yours, please let me know that as well so I can remedy that situation.

         Finally, don't forget to stop by Patricia Stoltey's site and leave a comment for me.

           300 Participants for Blogging from A to Z is becoming a reality.   Encourage others to join us so we can meet our goal.




--

26 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your 500th follower,
    just imagine by the time the A to Z is finished in April how many more you'll have,

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Does this mean you could possibly have 500 comments?! Whew! Looking forward to the ABC game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Welcome to the 500 club, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeehaa, 500 followers, that's a huge number of victims, we consider you a mass tosser out now, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! That is incredible! Way to go Lee. I've realized there is a code for the badge on the sidebar (Duh!) so I'm going to put it up at Melissa's Imaginarium. I'm really looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To scroll past that list is awesome. Thanks buddy and nothing like a post hint ;)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome you reached 500 followers! Wow! (Now, you're a little over 500). By the way, I blogged about the A to Z challenge on my blog Monday. I can't wait to get started reading everyone's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne -- More than 500 followers is an exciting prospect, but also scary.

    Rae -- Can you imagine 500 comments! I've seen that on a few blogs. Of course there go the personalized replies I guess.

    Alex -- Thank you. You passed me but I'm still staying close behind you.

    Dezmond -- Thank you for your continued support, Dez!

    Melissa -- Thanks for any promotion you can give the challenge. I just got the working code up on the sidebar yesterday.

    Jules -- It's exciting to see how other bloggers pitch in to make something like A to Z work. I'll be watching for your promotional post:)

    Cherie -- Thanks for that post. I'll start a new thank you post for sometime next week and include the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making it to 500 Arlee. And thank you so much for the shoutout, it's appreciated! I'll be doing more to help convince others to participate in the blogfest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 500+ followers - that's GREAT! And I've been meaning to get the a-z challenge on my sidebar. By Fri. for sure - looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee-

    Congrats on 500 followers...

    You're like a cult leader now!

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeffrey -- I'm looking forward to what your upcoming posts will say. The one from yesterday was really fine and it generated some interesting comments.

    Donea Lee-- Let me know and I'll included you on the next thank you post.

    Larry -- You made me laugh out loud (my evil laugh). Seriously, let's celebrate. Time to break out the Kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 500+ Followers! That's awesome.

    I have the badge up on my page and on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I'm sorry I haven't put the blog button on my blog. I'm rectifying that now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. COngrats!
    I gave the challange a little plug on Wednesday, here's my link...
    http://hereshesat.blogspot.com/2011/02/have-sneaky-peak.html

    Thanks for following me, I can only imagine what it must be like to have 500 followers, hopefully one day :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 500 is a lot of readers Arlee! No pressure there! LOL!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Golden Eagle -- I've got you on my next "Thank You" post.

    Clarissa-- I see it! Thanks.

    Holly -- I got your post linked for my next "Thank You" sometime next week.

    Diana -- If they were all really regular readers who commented then there might be pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I'm honored to be your 500th and thanks for the shout out.

    I'm considering the A to Z challenge, but I have to admit it scares me a little.

    Congrats on reaching this follower milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome! So many great people are joining up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, thank you so much for the mention :)
    And CONGRATS! 500 people are going to be participating this year! How amazing is that? :D
    I'll be sure to do my own advertising for the event. :)
    -Wolfie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for mentioning me in your post and congratulations on your 500th follower. That is a very impressive achievement.

    Thanks so much, again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa -- Come on, you'll do fine.

    Jemi -- And if you don't join us it will mean one less great person.

    Wolfie --I'm counting on you to help!

    Murees -- Thanks! You deserved the mention.

    Doris -- Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm running behind but congratulations on your 500th follower. Way to go. So many great links to check out, thanks. Preparation for the challenge is still going strong, best of luck.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, Lee....
    You certainly deserve it.

    And I'm pretty close to committing to your April challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hooray! Now you've passed 500! Hey, my name's Genevieve and I just signed up (late!) for The Challenge. What fun! :) You can see my posts at http://unnumberedwords.blogspot.com

    Have a great great day
    Gen

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee