This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Usual and the Unusual

            It's Saturday again--the last Saturday of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  Soon we will be back to our usual blogging.  Or will we?  Some of you have indicated that this Challenge has changed the way you plan to blog in the future, while others have hinted that they will start focusing on other writing endeavors more seriously.  Whatever the case, if you have become inspired to do more of what you are passionate about then this challenge has been a good thing for you. 

          As usual, each Saturday I look at the week gone by and the week to come.  The unusual departure of this past week is something that has become usual for this blog during this month of April--I have focused much attention to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge and tried to give recognition and encouragement to our fellow participants. 

         Last Sunday, April 18th was International Juggler's Day and I put up a special post in honor of that.   During the past week we talked about some of the blogs that focus on Poetry.  We also had a preview of the upcoming May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post and heard some Quotes of what some folks have said about the Challenge so far.  On Wednesday I offered some thoughts about Reputation and the following day there was a debate question concerning Savings and Investment .  Finally, yesterday I offered another attempt at flash fiction titled "Time".

        The usual thing for me to do now would be to lay out my topics for the upcoming week.  This week I will keep all of this under wraps for you to discover on each day.  I'm sure many of us are thinking about how to approach some of the more unusual letters at the end of the alphabet.  It seems appropriate to end the challenge with a bit of a challenge.  I will disclose my topic for Tuesday which is scheduled as "W" Day.  My topic for W will be What's Next?  I hope you will check this post as I will have some further words about the May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post and also something that will be happening one day in May that some of you may enjoy.  Be there this coming Tuesday April 27th for this important announcement.

Now for some more unusual items:

Happy Birthday!

 Today is Karen Walker's   birthday.  Karen has the blog author karen walker...following the whispers
Many of you probably know Karen already.  She has been following the progress of the A to Z Challenge and has given me much support with her comments and may have done the same for some of you.  Whether or not you know her, why don't you pop over to her site and wish her a happy 61st Birthday--and I don't guess she'll mind me telling her age because after all I would have never known if she hadn't been putting all over her blog herself. If you've never been to Karen's blog, well, here's another new one for you to discover and enjoy.

And now from ever popular party girl Yvonne Lewis of Welcome to My World of Poetry

In case you missed it, here is her version of new lyrics for Queen's "We Are The Champions" which appeared on her Q post about Queen.   Everybody join in: 

We are the Challengers my friend,
And we'll keep on blogging 'til the end,
We are Arlee's Challengers
The A to Z Challengers
We won't give up and lose
Because we are the Challengers.

Courtesy of Yvonne at Welcome to My World of Poetry.


Finally, not totally unusual, but what I usually reserve for Saturdays when the occasion arises:
Creepy Query Girl has bestowed upon me an 'Awesomeness Award' 

As has been my custom during this Challenge, I bestow this upon any of the fine participants who would like to accept in the name of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge.  Feel free to add this to your award collection.  My thanks to Creepy Query Girl.

19 comments:

  1. Though I didn't get the change to join in with the A to Z Challenge. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. They have been fantastic and creative. I'd love to take part in the next (if everything lines up okay).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful as ever Lee, look forward to the coming week.
    There are 2 special days in May,
    on the 3rd is the Challenge update.
    Then on the 10th is my grandaughters ninth birthay,she arrived 10 weeks early weighing only 2pounds.....and it was on MY birthday my age well it's????????
    Thanks also for the award, also the mention of my"Queen" song.
    I did write my own version of the 12 days of Christmas but it's unprintable...lol
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt quite out of touch this past week with not feeling as well, so I am anxious to putting in more of an effort during this last week. I have lots of catching up to do on other's blogs too!

    Looking forward to your 'surprises' this week!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of your April challenge and look forward to next week. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lee,
    I would love to accept the awesome award but I think it might be rather conceited of me to take it? I don't know that I could be considered that. BTW, my birthday is on May 16, and I will be 77 years of age. Some days I feel every hour of it, and other days I feel quite feisty. Ha.
    I hope I have a few years left yet to be bouncing around the place.
    I'm looking forward to the capsulizing of the Challenge and reading what everyone else has to say about the experience. It has been great for me!
    Best regards to you, my friend!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz -- If you have been following the progress of the challenge to any extent at all then we'd love to have you give your take on it by writing something about it on May 3rd. Thoughts from the outside will be equally important as those of the ones who participated. Hope you'll join us in the May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post.

    Yvonne --I'd heard that May 10th was your birthday. I'll make a note of it.

    Trudy -- I'd say you have a pretty good excuse --- Just take it easy and we'll be anxious to hear about the new addition to your family.

    Liza- Thank you and thank you again.

    Karen -- Have a very wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want it to end! I think many of us are going to be looking to you for "the next big thing." May we? No pressure or anything though. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Yvonne's poem! It's hard to believe it's U already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been great, and I hope there'ss be a "Finisher" Button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, again, Lee,
    I have been thinking about it and changed my mind about the award. I will be honored to accept it and will proudly display it on my blog! Thank you and Creepy Query Girl so very much. I feel like we have all risen to the occasion and done our very best to be awesome participants.
    Your friend Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun poem and award. Its hard to believe we are already on 'U'...*sniff, sniff* time flies, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Arlee. And this challenge has really changed the way I blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa -- Watch Tuesday for the announcement. Nothing as big as April -- need to catch up some here. But we have something planned that some of you may be interested in.

    Jemi -- 26 letters go pretty quickly.

    Will -- I've been thinking about that finisher button.

    Ruby --I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks you're a pretty awesome blogger.

    Raquel -- yes... especially when you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post with a teaser, how fun!
    Arlee, you deserve the award! I think we could have an A-Z book if we continued. I am not sure what type of book it would be, perhaps
    an inspirational, self reflection type. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee-I'm going to have to go back and read April's post. This looks like something very interesting! Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on receiving the award Lee. Looking forward to May 3rd. You've been a fine host of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ellie-- It would be one crazy, diverse book with so much in it!

    Judy, Judy, Judy! -- I left a message on your site. Good to hear from you again!

    Wanda -- Thank you and you have really done a great job with some terrific posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm anxious to see what's next! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats! You are awesomesauce!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee